Cories Never Last For Me...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Phantom Thief

Population Control Volunteer
Reaction score
Basically, here's my fish stats.

65 gallons, overflow filtration, no plants except one java fern, a fair bit of driftwood, and pretty fine gravel.

Cories never last more than a few months in my tank, and i really can't figure out why. It's like they just slowly waste away and then just die, no symptoms, really. And they're getting food, cause i use sinking food and always make sure they get it, and water changes keep the bottom fairly clean. So i cant figure out, for the life of me, what's wrong.

Anyone has any clue?

P.T.

What kind of cories are you keeping? Do they loose their barbels before they die? Do you buy them all from the same place. I know some species of cory are a lot more sensitive then most. Have you tried the Bronze and/or Albino C. Aeneus?

Yep, they're the bronze type. Supposedly one of the toughest. Well, so much for that -_-

Nope, they are from different places. And i also suspected that wear and tear or an infection of the barbels could have been the culprit, so i kept an eye out. Never was the problem. Barbels were always in good shape, which is why i'm really baffled about what's goin on.

P.T.

What gravel do you have?

How often do you do water changes?

How long have you had fish in that tank?

How often do you siphon the floor?

I don't know exactly what kind of gravel i have, but it's roughly the size of small pebbles, 1-2mm across.

Water changes, 25% every two weeks.

2 years.

Whenever i do a water change.

P.T.

Most reactions

Back