Coralife Super Skimmer...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ah that might be in aid to me. In the next few months I'm going to try to convince my parents into buying me a car so I can drive to the Bay Area Reef Meetings and maybe they can help me with my hardware problems etc.

you are skimming way too wet. For the first month or two just let it run on the dryest setting. Meaning leave the red knob all the way open so that the water is the lowest in the neck. This lets the skimmer break in. After a couple months dial it in so that the white bubbles stop just below where the neck starts to get skinnier or thinner.

Super skimmers are very finiky before they break in, the key is patience to let it break in and it will be fine.

I just bought one and I am having a hard time understanding ahow it works....but this helped me :)

Hi, does anyone use the Red Sea Berlin Skimmers sold on Dr Foster and Smith ? At around 200.00 ..

Hi, does anyone use the Red Sea Berlin Skimmers sold on Dr Foster and Smith ? At around 200.00 ..

Depdends, the "prism" models are not worth the plastic they're made of. The "classic" models are OK, but there are better models out there. At $200 I'd buy an AquaC or ASM depending on if you want hang on or in sump respectively

Most reactions

Back