Coral Off The Internet?

MissG55

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,
I am really keen to add more coral to my tank and have a growing list that i am frustratingly not able to get hold of. :angry:
My LFS only stock soft coral, which are lovely, dont get me wrong! Also they all tend to be orange or brown and i am after some colour.
Someone mentioned buying online... i had never thought of doing this..really what i want to know is has anyone any experience in this, good or bad?
Thank you in advance.
x

i brought a lot of coral frags online :good: a very good place to get corals and frags is http://www.fishmansfrags.co.uk/ good place to get stuff from well packed as well.

Have bought a lot of coral online as well, never had a loss thankfully. Just make sure you buy from a reputable site or person. Would recommend my sellers, but I'm located in the US :(

I've bought coral from forums where its been delivered and never had any problems with the acclimatisation. They seem to travel well!!

Good to know. Wasn't sure if it was a marine no-no or not.
That site looks great Harry, will let you all know how i get on.
Thanks

I still haven't yet but will have to (similar to you my lfs's mainly stock soft corals or not very interesting ones).

It can be a bit dodgy buying online but it you stick to the main, well known stockists you should be ok. Fishmans frags is always a popular one. Another one I would recommend is http://www.zoaphoria.co.uk/ They main stock zoa's but they are the best source of difficult to get, high colour zoas I have come across and I know loads of people that buy from them all the time.

I still haven't yet but will have to (similar to you my lfs's mainly stock soft corals or not very interesting ones).

It can be a bit dodgy buying online but it you stick to the main, well known stockists you should be ok. Fishmans frags is always a popular one. Another one I would recommend is http://www.zoaphoria.co.uk/ They main stock zoa's but they are the best source of difficult to get, high colour zoas I have come across and I know loads of people that buy from them all the time.
Oh...i like it!! :D
Will keep you updated.

Thank you for recommending zoaphoria. Have ordered my first batch of frags. Stuart only lives 10 minutes away from me so am heading over there to collect on Sunday! What a bonus!!

Thank you for recommending zoaphoria. Have ordered my first batch of frags. Stuart only lives 10 minutes away from me so am heading over there to collect on Sunday! What a bonus!!

LOL he lives right near me as well so guessing your in the dover/deal/thanet area? :)

I haven't met Stuart yet but have had a couple of email exchanges with him before and he seems like a really nice guy. I have never heard anyone ever say anything bad about him and he has some amazing stock as well.

To go completely off topic where do you go to get your marine stuff from? Ark aquatics is a bit hit and miss for marine stuff and the only other marine shop I know of is the one in broadstairs (which has great stock and staff but is pretty expensive).

I am near Dover! It really is a small world!!
Stuart is a really nice guy, threw in an extra mushroom and a lovely clove as i had already paid postage and went to collect.
My husband is not keen on me shopping at Ark... say no more! I usually take the incredibly long drive to swallow aquatics in Tenterden( at the garden centre) The staff are lovely and they always have decent stock levels, although the smaller fish tend to go quickly! I usually call in advance if i am after anything specific. They add extra oxygen to the bags for me and have given me a poly box as it is about 45 minutes away from me. I have not found the one in broadstairs yet. I think this it might be a weekend venture! :lol:

LOL he lives right near me as well so guessing your in the dover/deal/thanet area? :)

I haven't met Stuart yet but have had a couple of email exchanges with him before and he seems like a really nice guy. I have never heard anyone ever say anything bad about him and he has some amazing stock as well.

To go completely off topic where do you go to get your marine stuff from? Ark aquatics is a bit hit and miss for marine stuff and the only other marine shop I know of is the one in broadstairs (which has great stock and staff but is pretty expensive).

hmmm I haven't tried swallow aquatics yet. We might have to have a run up there at the weekend to check it out.

The one in broadstairs is called westwood aquatics (I think). Its right on the main highstreet. As you go down the highstreet towards the sea its just past the big white building (council offices?) and on the right hand side.

Generally they have a pretty good stock of LPS and SPS corals with a few common softies and a pretty decent stock of fish. I think they get deliveries in on wednesday or thursday so best to go around then if you can. I work till late mon-fri so only ever get there at the weekend where they have usually sold quite a bit of the fish livestock. I love them because they normally have at least one or two nice fairy wrasse in there :)

you could try calico at plumpton
they are real good i have found
you a link for them

http://www.livingrock.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

hope this helps

Hey, just to join you guys in the off topic conversation :blink: I live in Ashford, Kent. Swallow in Tenterden is great. Another good shop in Aylesford aquatics. I think they are brill for FW and SW.

Cheers

hmmm I haven't tried swallow aquatics yet. We might have to have a run up there at the weekend to check it out.

The one in broadstairs is called westwood aquatics (I think). Its right on the main highstreet. As you go down the highstreet towards the sea its just past the big white building (council offices?) and on the right hand side.

Generally they have a pretty good stock of LPS and SPS corals with a few common softies and a pretty decent stock of fish. I think they get deliveries in on wednesday or thursday so best to go around then if you can. I work till late mon-fri so only ever get there at the weekend where they have usually sold quite a bit of the fish livestock. I love them because they normally have at least one or two nice fairy wrasse in there :)
Thank you. Will check it out. Swallows do not stock LPS and SPS but are happy to order anything in. Would have to be a weekend trip for me too! Early Saturday morning sounds best!

Hey, just to join you guys in the off topic conversation :blink: I live in Ashford, Kent. Swallow in Tenterden is great. Another good shop in Aylesford aquatics. I think they are brill for FW and SW.

Cheers
Oooh another shop to find. Can't wait. Thank you.

Its not the smartest looking shop like Swallow but the stock is good, dry goods is plentiful and the guys are really friendly. They also dont try to fiddle you lies to sell you stuff, reallt genuine.

James

Most reactions

Back