Coral Of The Week - Corallimorpharians - Mushies

No pics here as I no longer actively keep corallimorpharians, but they grow FAST and are pretty aggressive species, so take care of them...

Ric's are very easy to keep and need very little care or maintenance, although you can promote growth & splitting by spot feeding them. They can be kept under various types of lighting ranging from T5's to 250w or even 400wMH's.

ric485.jpg

ric486.jpg

ric472.jpg

ric473.jpg

ric506.jpg

ric386.jpg

ric480.jpg

Yuma's are harder to keep and are prone to melting away. These prefer lower light levels.

yuma1.jpg

yuma2.jpg

yuma3.jpg

Here are yumas we tried in the nano, and even under the low light they melted. However several young yumas on the rock survived and as the larger ones wasted they took over and are growing well.

IMGP3987-1.jpg

Hi Seffie, the ric pics are mine, but not the yuma, although I know the owner. As Buddy says, they are very hard to keep and therefore have never bothered with them. Did have some green yuma's that were sprouting up everywhere, but for some reason took a turn for the worse and now have none.

Yes, buddy you may have seen them ric's before or very similar :D

i have some neon green mushies.. what should i do if they start spreading? just rip em off? frag em?

also how would i relocate them as they hitchhiked on my LR. I'd like to put them down lower, away from the direct MH lights.

that's the bad thing about regular old mushrooms. They will spread around your tank anywhere they please. When you pull one off another will grow out of what's left. The only way I know of to get rid of them is to get rid of the rock and then keep doing so as you find them popping up in other places. i believe they release like spores or something and grow from that.... :crazy:

I could be wrong, though

So dark stranger, can you give us some really good tips for keeping ricordias as you really are the expert :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

So dark stranger, can you give us some really good tips for keeping ricordias as you really are the expert :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

There's not much to tell, you have "Florida Ricordea's" or "Ricordea Yuma's". The way to tell the difference is that Yuma's have mini tentacles around their mouth (see below), where Ric's dont (also see below).

Yuma
yuma2.jpg

Ric
ric473.jpg

You may have noticed that I mentioned that Ric's & Yuma's both have mouths & mini tentacles, similar to Anemone's, thats because they are a form of Anemone.

Yuma's are the hardest of the 2 to keep & are prone to melting if under intense lighting, whereas Ric's will grow under most lighting, but the brighter to better their colours appear.

Ric's/Yuma's can be spot feed or simply by feeding the tank & they catch food, or not fed at all.

I could go on, but a good site to visit is...

Ricordea's

Here's a picture of my metallic green hairy mushroom. It was clearly stressed from the transportation/acclimatization and decided to puke brown slime into the water for about 15-20 minutes. Lovely!

_A068156.jpg

Here it is again, about 36 hours later. It appears to have recovered somewhat and is opening up a bit more. Moving it to a calmer location has helped too. Nice colours but not a patch on the ricordea. I'll be in the market for some of those beauties soon lol.

_A078247.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back