Copperband Butterflyfish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

dodge250

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought a copperband in a shop because it was feeding but not fast if u look at it problem is it has stopped feeding in my tank it's intrested but does not know what to do like it's blind what could be wrong

These are a very delicate fish prone to starving to death or from internal gut parasites...should pick around you live rock at start or offer it frozen small foods, even better live foods, to tempt it to eat.
Can be very difficult to establish

Well there's another problem when I feed the fish any food my chromis take it all so there's none left especially live food she does look aroun. Rockwork in crevices and things but doesn't hurt any feather dusters and shows her hair alot meaning spikey fins on top of head

Try squirting some frozen into nooks and crannies in your rock with a pipette or syringe to encourage it's natural foraging..hopefully the chromis won't see it while chasing food in the current

Well I put some pellets on the rock work in a paste type thing and amazingly the chromis got It I only saw her eat mysis once because the power head shot loads of frozen mysis and most of it fell on the rock and she started eating it and the chromis again took it out her mouth and ate it :angry: and I can't do it again because I had to change where the power heads are

It'll take it a while b4 accepting any prepared foods dodge..keep trying it with the frozen, especially smaller varieties

Do u think I should try krill or should I keep feeding mysis

Dodge..look at it's mouth....you will need a fine small food try brine shrimp to tempt it's apetite first and work up to cut up mysis , then whole ones

Everything that you will ned to know is in that link also :good:

I think you should return it to the store. You're to new at this for it to last long. Not meant in a bad way, just what's best for the fish.

I am sorry I am sick and tired of her I hope she goes and ####ing starves to death she's to scared the fish eat the food to fast I hope she kills my tank and destroys the lot I could smash the rocwork up I'm that pissed off ps I am not editing this text :grr: :grr: :angry: :angry: you know what amazes me I can keep anemones alive but not a fish I am not a begginner she makes me want to get rid of my marine fish and all my marine stuff and go back to fresh water fish I just want everything perfect like the sand stop going browny gold and the algae on the glass to just go away

maybe you should reasearch more before u buy then maybe you wont get this annoyed :)

I did research I got vitamins just for her live foods just for her garlic guard just for her i knew they didn't feed well but she at the shop honest wouldn't have improved but when u wasn't looking at her she fed like mad I just miss my first one that was little fed like wild fire and died in a week unkown cause I am so sorry I was angry it's just because In my life nothing goes according to plan I hope she doesn't Die it's because I love her so much but if she does die I will get another one that isn't scared when you feed them :sad:

2x royal grammas 2x tomato clowns 1x pyjama cardinals 1x banggai cardinal 1x flame angel 1xvalentini puffer 1x dragon goby 6x chromis (getting rid of) oh and 1x peocock wrasse 1x firefish and 1x goby and shrimp pair 190 litre tank

Most reactions

Back