Coolie Loach

vcmtik

New Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Wales, UK
I recently purchased 3 coolie loaches. Everything was fine until this morning. 2 of them had died overnight. I checked The water levels they are:

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
PH 7.2

I could not see any physical defects on either of them. They were eating y'day.

Now I'm down to one, should I buy some more for company? I have read that they are sociable fish, but because I have only had them just over a week, I don't really know their personalities.

What do you guys recommend?
 
You should have more than two really-they prefer to be in a group. I'd go for 4 to 5 myself.

But just having 3 initially wouldnt mean that you would lose 2 overnight. There must be another reason for that.
 
I thought that. I cannot see any reason why I lost 2 at the same time. I am reluctant to add new fish yet, just in case I am missing something. Would the coolie get depressed if left on his own for a bit?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top