cool betta pics from thailand

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

bkk_group

coconut bomber
Reaction score
thai website
my wife spends a lot of time on a thai forum called pantip. she came across this post from an agricultural fair at a university in bangkok. among the many things on show were these plakat that were judged in a competition. i know a lot of you don't know how to read thai (or even have thai fonts installed in your system) but everyone can read pictures just fine right? ;) the first post shows the breeders and owners watching the judging process. after that the posts are in order of placing position, 1st, 2nd etc. there are crown tails, double tails etc. even some wild plakat too. i don't know how long this post will stay up so check it out sooner than later. ;)
ps, if anyone has questions about what is said in the posts we can translate for you.

What pretty bettas. I've wanted to go to Thailand ever since my husband went a couple years ago. Now I want to go even more- just to see the bettas! :D

hey itty, i know you are interested in imbellis, smaragdina etc. those links above are stories about people journeying into the swampy fields in search of these fish for research purposes. there is some interesting info on a potentially new species known as betta mahachai and some cool pics on how to catch them in their natural habitat ;)

Excellent! Let's make wild-types the next 'thing'!

those links are awesome bkk, I sat and browsed through them earlier. Turns out....my unidentifiable spiney eel is exactly the same species as the one that they found in the swamp while they were 'betta hunting', no wonder I'm so crazy about him :lol:

Most reactions

Back