convict cichlid breeding

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

they stay in the like exaxt center of the tank. I don think they are going to lay them on the pot now. I think hey are going to dig out under a piece of marble. That would br cool

my male keeps rubbing his body on the one clay pot and he marble. is he cleaning it? Y is it now that they are paired up my female comes out from hiding? Does she feel safer being with a bigger male?

Patrick333 said:
Y is it now that they are paired up my female comes out from hiding? Does she feel safer being with a bigger male?
Well what is there to fear now? The fish are paired up so they have a little bond. They will stay together now and protect the fry with their lives.

nah, they get paranoid no matter what you do. You do want to see them don't you?

im thinking of doing a water change tonight will that be ok? yes i do want to see them they look awesome

Yeah go nuts. Up til they layed eggs i was doing a change every day or so. I still do my weekly changes now that they have bred.

I just cannot vacuum the bottom anymore. The fry are really spread out. They are about 9-10 days and swimming all over the bottom of the tank.

y is it that now the female doesnt have dark colors unless she is in th pot. not interested in breeding anymore. Male kind of leaves her alone too.

Most reactions

Back