Converting 90 Gallon To Sw

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JayD976

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
In the near future I will be converting my 90gal freshwater tank over to salt and wanted to get some thoughts. I will pretty much be tearing down my 29gal saltwater tank and putting the 25lbs of live rock, http://www.fishforums.com/forum/#, etc into the 90gal and the 29gal will be a quarantine tank. For now once converted it will remain a FOWLR tank.

So in the 29gal is a Ocelarris Clown fish, yellow tail damsel and some snails and dwarf crabs. I would likely add another 40-50lbs of live rock on top of the current 25lbs for the 90gal.

Looking for opinions on fish. I would like to add a small school of blue/green chromis, a one spot fox face (it's a little smaller than the Foxface Lo), a dwarf angel, clean up crew of snails, hermits and starfish, etc. Please provide any and all suggestions for fish stocking.

I'd try to rehome the yellow tail damsel as damsels will give you nothing but trouble in the long run. The chromis should be fine in the new tank just get about 8-10 of them if you can and keel them well fed so they aren't pecky at each other. The fox face should be fine if your tank is a 4 foot long version those fish need swimming space. But if you get one watch where you put your hands in the tank since they have some wicked spines and poison on top of that.
Dwarf Angels should be ok if you intend to keep corals keep an eye on the Angel some will eat corals and it's a toss up if you will get an angel that eats coral or not but again good feeding can help prevent this in some cases.
Other then that I'd say maybe get another clown so you can have a pair they like being together.

for now i have no plans for coral so that should be ok.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back