Constipated? Or Am I Seeing Things?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thank you very much, jollysue. The internet seems to say epsom salt and that a combination of maracyn and maracyn II sometimes works. it's still in the early stages, i think, and she's still swimming around totally normally so i have to give it a shot. i'm off to the store for meds. wish me luck!

I would suggest finding Kanamycin (if it's available where you are) and using that if it's dropsy. It's hard to find, so don't give up. I had to go out of town to get it. Kanamycin and 3 tsp. of epsom salt make an excellent combination to kill dropsy.

More than Luck to you! :nod:

Just to be argumentative: I think dropsy is a condition. What is hopefully possible to kill is bacteria that may be causing them to shut down. Not an expert on this. Just saying....

Wow, could it really be eggs? She hasn't been around a male in over 2 years, I didn't know that the ladies could get eggy without a little flirting.

And don't worry, Kyrielle, to Wendy's face it's nothing but compliments.

ALL females of all species produce eggs regardless of whether a male is present. CVhickens don't need a cockerel to lay eggs do they? And us human female produce eggs which are discarded every month if unfertilised.

Let me correct that misconception. Girls are born with the eggs in their ovaries. They do not produce them in the sense that there were no eggs, and then the female makes them. When the female reaches puperty, she begins to release them. Clearly the eggs mature, but the female has a set number of eggs at birth. When they are gone she enters menopause. She is already preprogramed. I suppose things could happen to upset that program: the eggs could be distroyed by radiation or an ovary removal: but she will not produce more eggs.

I have not been told that that is how it works with all animals, but I assume so.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back