Connecting Inline From Main Tank To Fry Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ThatDarnDragon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Its been quite a while since I last posted in this forum :)

anyway, Im starting to breed clownfish, and I want to 'share' the water from the main display tank to the fry tank to save me time from changing water once or twice a day in the fry tank, as well as money from buying salt water and RO water.

The main tank is a 10 gal nano reef, typical glass retangle tank. The fry tank is a 5 gal bow front. they are right next to eachother and the same height.

the fry tank will not have a filter (it will have absolutely nothing inside but a wood airstone and heater). it is not set up yet, but soon will be, hopefully this weekend.

What's the best way to hook the two together to share the water without drilling holes? What sort of piping do I need? and size? Can someone provide step-by-step instructions for me to do so? or a detailed website? Im a total noob at doing this, lol.

You could look at the DIY posts on water bridges.

Without drilling you are going to be running a constant risk of losing syphon. Also, the fry will need quite frequent feeding which could cause issues with the settings in the main tank, especially if you have any corals in the display.

You could look at the DIY posts on water bridges.

Without drilling you are going to be running a constant risk of losing syphon. Also, the fry will need quite frequent feeding which could cause issues with the settings in the main tank, especially if you have any corals in the display.

eep, I didnt think about the feeding issue. hmm. I'll look at that thread, and see what other say about it too

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back