Congratulations Truck

seffieuk

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure!
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
near Hockley, Essex UK
Congratualtions on your new job at the lfs

:band:

I'm sure you will be a great asset to the store and of course there is always that lovely discount you will be getting :good:

Are you going to tell us which lfs it is?

Seffie x
 
congrats ;)
you a weekend worker then or just after school ?
 
congrats ;)
you a weekend worker then or just after school ?
should just be weekend, they phoned me up about 20 mins ago saying that there might be a problem with my age. they told me earlier i had the job :angry:

and now theyve said that it might be a no :sad:

anyway i will hear from them and update this.
 
hmmm, they should have known about this before giving you the position. I remember our company once giving a job to two people by mistake we had to make a new position available to the other for legal reasons. Oh well if you get the job I might check the place out sometime :nod:

Incidentally isn't there a new fish store opened in your area by some UK breeding champion??
 
Think you have to be 16 for a saturday job.
 
HEY!

If they don't give you the job ill give them a call personally, i hate this age thing; it is stupid; it disheartens people =( i'm one to know!

I wish you all the best of luck mate! you will get it! i really hope so :)!
 
There are legal restrictions on the number of hours and when under 16's can work to ensure their education is not affected.

I used to work in a local petshop and they would only take on those 16+ because of the rules regarding selling animals to those under 16 (think of all the 16 yr olds in sainsburys who's arms nearly fall off from waving bottles of wine around until a supervisor can wonder over and nod :lol: ).

Mind you I hope they can do something - a knowledge like yours should be everywhere in the public domain it can be!
 
hope you get the job.
when i was at my local MA i wasnt even allowed to use polish :lol: :rolleyes:
There is also problems such as not being allowed to use the till without supervision of an adult, following safety precautions such as wet floor sign etc. It is robably why there is some trouble.
 
i think in this case they should be inclined to worry about experience/knowledge rather than this damn age barrier...he knows his stuff



congratulations truck, you`ll do a great job and i know you`ll love it :)


shelagh xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
Shipley
as in just outside Bradford West Yorkshire.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top