Confused

MollyFresh

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Jersey, US
Yesterday I tested my 10 gallon tank for nitrite and ammonia. The ammonia was around 1.5ppm and the nitrite was at 5 ppm.
Today I tested my 10 gallon tank for nitrite ammonia and nitrate. The ammonia was around 0.50 ppm, the nitrite was at 0 and the nitrate was at 0 also.

I don't understand why the nitrite is at 0 and so is nitrate. Yesterday I got so happy because I thought my tank was almost cycled because I finally had nitrite in my tank but today I'm not sure. Where does the nitrite go?? I know the bacteria make it into nitrate but I have no nitrite so where did it go? I tested the water wth Api liquid test kits and tetra liquid test kit for nitrate.
 
How old are the test kits? sometimes an older test kit can give very skewed results.

Ox :good:
 
Very odd, i guess your doing a fishless cycle? Else id start doing serious water changes :P 5ppm of Nitrite is leathal.
 
Very odd, i guess your doing a fishless cycle? Else id start doing serious water changes :P 5ppm of Nitrite is leathal.

I assumed this too... or else this thread would be asking why are my fish dying instead of just seeing a starnge change in the chemical readings... ha

Ox :lol:
 
Lol, the "HELP MY FISH ARE DIEING" thread comes in a few hours usually :P
 
Yep fish in cycle on two tanks, check out the emergency section.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top