Concerts, Who've You Seen?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Went to see Robbie Williams on that hot sunny day at Knebworth had sunstroke then had to sit in the car park for 5 yes FIVE hours before anyone could move :angry: but guess he was worth it got there early and was up front of stage in the enclosure :hyper:
Big Audio Dynamite ( no ones probably heard of them) :shout:
Paul Weller a couple of times
Simply Red

Tried to get tickets for the Aerosmith/Metallica concert but they sold out :( (that'll teach us to let my friend's hubby be in charge of ticketmaster :grr: ) ...so we're going to see James Blunt on Oct 3 instead lol

It's been a very long time since I've been to a concert but here are come hightlights from my concert-going days in the late 70's and early 80's: Neil Young, David Bowie, Frank Zappa, Rush (the 2112 tour), Black Sabbath, The Who, Supertramp, Genesis, Kim Mitchel & Max Webster, Edgar Winter, Rick Derringer, Kansas, Hmm... I know I'm missing a bunch. Had tickets for Led Zeppelin twice and both times they cancelled. The second time, I came within a couple weeks of seeing their last show. :/
And for the fans of alternative music (punk, in those days) The Stranglers, Iggy Pop, Dead Kennedys, U.K. Subs, Nina Hagen, Richard Hell, The Clash, There's lots more, but I'm trying to list those that you may have actually heard of. These band were seen in bars or very small halls. In 1980 you would have has a tough time selling out a school gym to see the Stranglers. :lol:

I'm going to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Mars Volta on Nov 3 at The palace! STAGE SIDE TICKETS BABY!

Have got tickets to see the Flaming Lips and Tool next month. Can't wait, will be the third time I have seen tool and the first time for the Flaming Lips.

Just got two tickets to see Christina Aguilera :drool: and I'm considering getting them to see Justin Timberlake :nod:

Arfie

hmm, was about to book those Herbie Hancock tickets, but realised 11th November is only place close by and I have plans and I lucked out on Panic at the Disco.
:(

Looks like I need to stick to tribute bands :S

Edited and re-edited so I didn't get in trouble :p

Just got two tickets to see Christina Aguilera :drool: and I'm considering getting them to see Justin Timberlake :nod:

Arfie

*coughsaddocough*

Arfie love, why would you do that to yourself? Justin that is... Christina most of us would like to see ;)

Arfie

*coughsaddocough*

Arfie love, why would you do that to yourself? Justin that is...
The place will be full of drooling women :hey: many of them drunk and emotional ;)

Christina most of us would like to see ;)
I've got a spare if you wanna join me ;) :*

Arfie

Hmmm...

Where to begin...I have seen many many bands, been to many festivals...personal highlights include seeing Nirvana the first time they played at the Reading festival (the afternoon performance), Jane's Addiction twice in their pomp in 1990, the pixies 5 times again from 88 to 90, Public Enemy, John Lee Hooker, Iggy more times than necessary, the Stones, the Who, Daft Punk countless times, Orbital same etc etc...I can't remember them all

My little secret to all this concert going is I used to be a lighting designer in the live entertainment industry! :grr:

im seeing Tool Muse The Violent Femmes The Killers and more at Big Day Out in Feb :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back