Concerts, Who've You Seen?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Arfie

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well I was lucky enough to win tickets to Live8 last year so I went there and it brought back my obsession for concerts.

Since then I have seen the Stereophonics (VIP) @ MEN, Joss Stone at NIA, KT Tunstall (won these too :D ) at Rock City Nottingham and last week I saw Oasis at Sheffield Arena. I also went to see Lee Evans Live at Sheffield Arena :lol:

Next up I am seeing Little Britain Live at Sheffield in April.

In the past I've seen aither as the main artist or as support acts Madonna twice (when she was good in the 80's), The Corrs :hey: (several times), Toni Braxton, Bon Jovi (my mullet days), Eternal (when Louise was still in), Gloria Estefan (showing my age), Dina Carrol, Wet Wet Wet (good to take a girl to ;) ) Eminem, Cypress Hill, Technotronic (ask your mum), Hue and Cry, Gary Glitter (obviously before he was a know pervert), Matafix, The Dead 60's. and apparently I have seen the Artic Monkeys at a pub in Sheffield about a year or so ago, but I can't remember :rolleyes:

And of course I saw the entire list of Live8 which includes some of my all time musical heroes like Sir Paul McCartney and Sir Elton John, then Coldplay, Keane, Stereophonics, Robbie Wiliams, Travis, Annie Lennox (awesome to my surprise), Pete Docherty (talentless smackhead), Mariah Carey, The Who and the Kaiser Chiefs along with all the others.

Following Live8 I have added Robbie Williams, Keane and Coldplay onto my must see list and I'd like to see Greenday.

So who've you seen, who've you got tickets to see? and who's on your wishlist?

Arfie

Going to see ELO on the 23rd of may in London - but only tagging along with the the other half as he's a great fan :)

Personally I'm not a fan of those types of concerts - too many people scare me (the pushing and shoving)
nerves.gif

I'm more the classical concert type :lol:

Going to see kanye west this coming wednesday (woohoo!!) also seeing little britain in april. in the past i've seen Feeder , blur, the cardigans, Rolling stones , kylie Minogue and Roxette

Going to see ELO on the 23rd of may in London - but only tagging along with the the other half as he's a great fan :)
I didn't know they were touring :eek: Didn't realise they were all still alive :lol:

They were my dads favourite band and I love em too, I have all his old vinyl albums and have bought a few of them on CD B)

Just missed out on seeing Paul Wellor recently, he's been added to my list too.

Arfie

Yep - it's the original members - I'm sure I'll be educated and I'm also sure I'll enjoy it :)

Yeah, look on ticketmaster (or ticketweb, something like that) - they're touring all over at the moment !

Ticketmaster :)

Live 8 is not at all my bag (I was actually in Edinburgh doing the march at the time) but carrying on the outdoors theme - I LOVE Glastonbury! I have been the last 3 years and am going to sit and rock in a corner for the last weekend in June with this year being fallow. I might get myself along to T in the Park though just for a change. I am at my happiest when surrounded by people in a muddy field... :wub:

I go to a lot of gigs, my most recent was my favourite band The Rakes (see avatar) at Newcastle Uni who, unfortunatley IMO, are about to get massive. I see them a lot including with Franz Ferdinand and The Editors in London (and on their own in Camden the next day! :eek:) in December. I also like dance music but only very particular. I am a BIG Fat Boy Slim fan, I also like the Chemical Brothers and love The Gorillaz.

I am an indie/rocky kinda girl with violent tendencies against *bling* and rebel-against-your-parents rawk. Love the older stuff like The Stones but really like the way new music is going now. Less boy/girl groups and hip hop and more guitar music and intelligent urban.

My favourite all time band is Gomez and my favourite all time album is Stoosh by Skunk Anansie.

:)

i'm a gig fiend. been to 293749827348728342 gigs.
not so many this year though yet. nothing much grabbing me anymore, seen all my favourite bands already!
but i saw Mew last week at Shepherds Bush Empire, my boyfriends band is playing tonight at a local venue with Devil Sold His Soul and Red Stars Parade. And I'm seeing Will Haven in March, who I can't WAIT to see! They split up years ago and I thought i'd never see them, but they reformed and YAY!

I've never like concert-festivals; not my thing. These are the concerts I've seen (in semi-order from best performer to worst):

Bob Dylan - 3 times. I love him; I would see him more if I had the money.
B.B. King
John Fogerty
Anita Baker - for a New Years concert/party; it was great.
The Counting Crows
The Wallflowers
Dr. John
Tripping Daisy
Def Leppard
The Waifs
Mannheim Steamroller
Phil Collins - it was his Big Band tour, so mostly instrumental which is good because I'm not a fan except for Genesis' A Trick of the Tale.
Paul Simon - who's very dissapointing live. He didn't look like he wanted to be there.
America - who weren't good live either.
Hootie & the Blowfish - also no good.

For standup, I've seen:
Margaret Cho
Wanda Sykes

I've probably seen more sporting games than anything else though.

EDIT:
Going to see:
- Australian Pink Floyd on Nov 11th (first time seeing a cover band)
- Radio City Christmas Show with the Rockettes on Dec 10th

I'm pretty sad and pathetic. I've been to two concerts in my life. About 8 years ago I saw Foreigner when they did a little summer tour of army bases while I was in college. And way back in 1990, I will admit it, I went to a New Kids on the Block concert, wearing the t-shirt, covered in pins, with a black felt hat on my spiral-permed-mall-bangs-up-to-there hair. :rolleyes: :*) I would kill to see any of the following: Eagles, Elton John, The Stones, Billy Joel. Alas, I'd never get tickets, but a girl can dream.

I'm pretty sad and pathetic. I've been to two concerts in my life. About 8 years ago I saw Foreigner when they did a little summer tour of army bases while I was in college. And way back in 1990, I will admit it, I went to a New Kids on the Block concert, wearing the t-shirt, covered in pins, with a black felt hat on my spiral-permed-mall-bangs-up-to-there hair. :rolleyes: :*) I would kill to see any of the following: Eagles, Elton John, The Stones, Billy Joel. Alas, I'd never get tickets, but a girl can dream.
Do you have pics of you in your NKOTB phase MAM, I'd LOVE to see them :lol:

I'd happily come see any of them with you :hyper:

Arfie

ha ha NKOTB was my first concert ever :lol:

I've been to far too many concerts to remember everyone I've seen.

Every Ozzfest for the past 10 years or so.
Marilyn Manson just last year
Pantera, at least a dozen times, every time they were in the area, gotta love our home grown boys ya know :wub:

TOOL 3 times, greatest show EVER
AC/DC
Korn (meh)
Metallica,way back when they were actually good and worth listening to
Danzig ( :hey: )

Those are all that come to mind at the moment, I'd love to see NIN someday. Oh yes. But I'd of rather seen them ten years ago vs NIN of today. And Zeppelin, that would be awesome. And the Stones, of course.

Top four concerts- Death from above 1979 @ koos with like 35 people
Kings of Leon @ wiltern (even though one of the openers was horrendous)
The pixies @ Rimac
Bishop Allen @ Silverlake lounge with seriously like 15 people.

Sadly I tried to get tickets to belle and sebastian but they went so quick.
seeing metric at the hob in march

Danzig ( :hey: )

Have you seen the footie where the lead singer of northside kings knocks danzig out cold? :hey: Priceless

Best bands ive seen are:

Nine Inch Nails - WUV, i guarantee that its awesome, he plays Hurt with a lot of passion on the keys and I got a plec! Its got NIN on it and it never leaves my wallet :D

Pantera - supported by powerman 2000, brother of rob zombie. Pantera arent in the UK that often :/

Pitchshifter - English band, one of my favorites

NoFx, Pennywise, MxPx, Dropkick Murphy and a lot of other punk bands that no one will probably care much about :p Oh, and the Misfits and I had the Misfits hairdo at the time :D

3 Colours Red
Symposium
Sneaker Pimps
Llama Farmers
A
Nojahoda
many more bands that wander off into obscurity :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back