Fish shops are businesses, and businesses are there to make profit and expand. If he was to tell his customers not to buy this fish and not to buy that fish then he would fail at business. Also how do you know this "OLD FRAIL" man hasnt got more then one tank at home?.....I know I have more then one fish tank at my house, and when I go to buy fish I normally buy small fish for one tank and big cichlids for another. Does that make me a bad person

?
Sorry that wasn't my point at all. What I mean is..the man came into the shop alone. Which implies that perhaps he is the fishkeeper of the family... Presuming he has all the knowledge you hope someone has you think 'well I'm sure he has plenty of space to put them'...which implies a good few tanks. I know the golfish were going into a tank as I heard him say so...so presuming it's going to be a permenant tank for them...it should be what...300l? And then something suitable for more than one angel...he also said 'Can you sex them for me? Cause I've already got two at home'. Then there were the various other shoals of fish he bought.
So I'm then left thinking 'That guy...if he's giving the fish all the space and attention that they need has got one hell of a task on his hands considering his physical condition'.
Either ways I didn't mention anything at the time...it's not my place to say anything to him. But that was my interpretation of the situation. I might be wrong...of course I might. But then it's not as if we've not seen this kind of thing before either.
And also as for lfs, I know they're there to make money. Another reason why I wouldn't dream of mentioning anything. Whilever I might disagree when I see some of the fish combinations that are deemed 'acceptable' for the sake of profits, it's not for me to say.

oh man, that's horrible! Hope they get rehomed or something. Thank goodness my lfs asks for tank details and etc.
And whenever my dad brings home a fish, it's always a black skirt tetra. Don't know why, he likes those guys.
A? lol. I'm just imagining someone looking into a tank with a hundred or so of them and going 'hmmm...I'll have....That one!'