Compatibility Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW......

IC1 where have you been my friend? we have all missed you and your hunt for evidence. i thought this topic was long gone......

IC1 have you been researching your fishes needs? obviously not as you still are searching for your goal of scientific proof :blink: such a sad shame!

its a shame you wont post any pics of your happy barb in a 3ft tank as i would love to see it. does it have any barb friends or is it still a single fish? im sure you will be aware that these fish prefer to be in as bigger group as possible. i have no scientific proof of this just what ive watched when i owned a group of these great fish. i did also notice that a 4ft tank which they were in was about the minimum size that they should be kept in due to their activity levels and speed but sadly my observations were not noted in the fish keepers book of scientific evidence. again such a sad shame!

my statement you refer to doesnt need to be developed its fairly obvious to everyone else on here :blink:

as for maturing :lol: who is the one with child like behaviour demanding evidence all the time? :unsure: sounds like my daughter demanding an ice cream or chocolate bar etc

do you work out how fast to get out of bed then what way to wash in the shower and with what hand? maybe at the same time thinking of the way and speed to eat your breakfast and with what spoon...... what car to take to work and what speed to drive it at. what clothes to don and what order to put them on and with what calculated movements and speed.
or do you not do much because you are searching for the scientific proof on life and how things are done in a scientific manor. without this proof life cant go on...... :unsure:

how sad :sad: although i bet some people would buy a book like this. maybe start to journal of your life and how scientific proof has mapped your life out for you. that might be a bit more interesting than your hunt for proof on this topic you started way back.....

thinking about it would you need scientific evidence to work out if the book would be suitable and a good choice? :unsure:

Where have I been? well mate I have a life :yahoo: , so much so that I will not get to 5000 posts plus, you sad sad person - all that drivel you've been typing what an achievement. I see you've also won tank of the month - how sweet.

My point is mattlee which I have explained many times: is that you state, as though fact, that 4ft is ok for RLTB due to their speed etc.

When you compare a 4ft tank to RLTBs natural habitat, then 4ft is too small and cruel.

Therefore your advice is wrong.

Can you not see this in your arguement?

Relatively, due to RLTB speed 1ft extra is not the difference between acceptable and not acceptable, especially when you compare adults with fry/young fish. Then there is the width and free swim space, simulated flows. (a balanced arguement)

Can you not see this in your underdeveloped arguement?

I read with interest (post thread closure) of your bating of fishnkids of their in wall tank - typical of you not to understand another persons point of view and jumping on the sniping bandwagon, becoming a common theme here mattlee......

'as for maturing who is the one with child like behaviour demanding evidence all the time?' - right, so you always take everyones word and never need further evidence. mmmmmm. An area of development for you I feel.

please don't reply immediatly as it will look like you have nothing else to do! :rofl:

Ic1 as above it is not just mat lee it's from years of generations before hand

And not everything has science behind it for example

evolution it is a theory Not proven science it was brought up by putting things together and coming to the conclusion exactly like your situation putting observations together to come to a conclusion

That conclusion being that 4ft is really the minimum for those fish to be active and healthy

Y2k it was a theory but I bet you were one of those people hiding under the kitchen table :lol:

But I'll expect your reply to be

I don't believe in evolution

And I was celebrating the meneleum lol

Oh well :lol:

I'm sure you'll have fun with this post any way in your supposedly fun packed life :lol:

Where have I been? well mate I have a life :yahoo: , so much so that I will not get to 5000 posts plus, you sad sad person - all that drivel you've been typing what an achievement. I see you've also won tank of the month - how sweet.
thanks for viewing my personal file and posts im glad you could do this without some kind of scientific evidence to back the figures up. also thanks for the sweet comment on my tank. if you look back at the tank it actually was my denisoni barb tank :hyper:

My point is mattlee which I have explained many times: is that you state, as though fact, that 4ft is ok for RLTB due to their speed etc.

When you compare a 4ft tank to RLTBs natural habitat, then 4ft is too small and cruel.

Therefore your advice is wrong.
my advice was that a 4ft tank would be a minimum for this species tank was it not..... i also stated if you read through this ongoing post that compared to a natural life for a fish then no tank is ideal. you have or were going to put a single torpedo barb in a 3ft tank so who is the one that seems to be wrong? if you did a bit of research and maybe had any feelings for the fish you own you would realise that barbs are shoaling fish that are better off in as largeer group as possible and that a 3ft tank for a fast potential 6 inch fish isnt really acceptable. ill explain again that a 4ft tank is an extra 3rd of space/room. you see a 3ft tank is 3ft which im sure you will accept without any scientific evidence having to be shown so a 4ft tank is an extra foot which is a 3rd more in length. are you following still? i think a fast fish would thank you if it could for this extra room, still not as nice as its home land but better surely :unsure:

Can you not see this in your arguement?

Relatively, due to RLTB speed 1ft extra is not the difference between acceptable and not acceptable, especially when you compare adults with fry/young fish. Then there is the width and free swim space, simulated flows. (a balanced arguement)

Can you not see this in your underdeveloped arguement?
please raead the topic through again and above :rolleyes:

I read with interest (post thread closure) of your bating of fishnkids of their in wall tank - typical of you not to understand another persons point of view and jumping on the sniping bandwagon, becoming a common theme here mattlee......
im glad you found this interesting. it seems the op wasnt bothered about the wellfare of the fish. am i so wrong to say something....? the tank itself looked quite good but it had its bad points but im sure you have your own opinions

'as for maturing who is the one with child like behaviour demanding evidence all the time?' - right, so you always take everyones word and never need further evidence. mmmmmm. An area of development for you I feel.
i would rather take the word of experienced fish keepers than what i read in books and on the net as there are so many conflicting reports about fish from adult size to water conditions to temperament. speaking to actual people that have kept the fish im looking at getting is a great way of making a choice of buying it or not. some fish will be pretty much the same fish like tetras which will pretty much act the same way in any tank (if kept in a suitable tank with suitable tank mates) but some are very hit and miss like oscars and cichlids, every oscar has a different temperament and attitude. so hearing from present and past keepers can help very much you see its what a forum is all about really.

please don't reply immediatly as it will look like you have nothing else to do! :rofl:
oooh look it took almost an hour to pick myself up off the floor and explain myself again to a very very sad person that has come back to an old topic without their scientific evidence they desperately search for...... the sad thing about it is that you probably still have the barb in a 3ft tank and alone.
please research the fish you buy in the future IC1

please come back soon and say that we are all sad on here because for some reason you keep coming back.... :sad: maybe if you look through the forum you can find evidence that this could well be the longest going topic in the forums history.... wow that would be great, you broke a record maybe! its alot better than playing the same one over and over and over and over again.....

im so sad look ive discovered pretty colours......... :hyper:

look forward, i think to hearing back from you :zz :stupid:

just to add IC1 i edited this last reply as a colour i chose wasnt very clear.... i used common sense when changing the colour so it could be seen.

should i have done that without scientific proof.......? :unsure:

should i have wrote this reply without scientific proof.......? :unsure:

There's no point in shooting a dead horse. All it does is make a mess and still ends up as a dead horse. IC1 has made it clear that he will take no advice from anyone about anything without scientific proof. Therefore, he is beyond help unless he changes his attitude and will sit in his closet awaiting scientific proof that quite frankly isn't very important.

Furthermore he is obviously trolling, and if you want trolls to leave, stop feeding them. Eventually he will move on. :good:

Ic1 does have a valid argument, but it isn't practical to carry out any form of scientific investigation into what tank size would be suitable.

I presume a moderator will close this thread soon.

Hi Robby.

i find it kind of funny at the same time very sad of IC1 :sad:

i had forgot this topic and how the search for scientific evidence went on and on and on. when it got brought back to life i was kind of hoping that IC1 had found his holy grail. unfortunatly he still doesnt get it and the search continues......

a fish forum with people interested in fish to IC1 is such a sad place to be especially as he has such a busy exciting life to run, but for some reason he joined this sad place and keeps coming back! now what does that say about IC1?

is he as sad as the rest of us? i think so :hyper:

i have no scientific evidence to back my sad claim up i hope no one is offended by this :*

Ic1 does have a valid argument, but it isn't practical to carry out any form of scientific investigation into what tank size would be suitable.

I presume a moderator will close this thread soon.
i agree that there is always 2 sides to a dissagreement or whatever you would call it.

but isnt it common sense not to put a single torpedo barb that can potentially reach 6 inches, swims very fast and is very active and prefers to be in a group in a 3ft tank?

i feel its starting all over again....... :crazy:

Talk about long term bickering, if we keep it going we may beat the Hatfield–McCoy feud. Now we don't want to break their historic record on this forum, so this topic is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back