Compatibilisation Query

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Eelzor

This shrimp is so good it needs to be seen in wide
Reaction score
Ok, one quick question, sorry for the bother. Can 2 MALE convicts OR 2 FEMALE convicts go with 2 clown loaches in an 80 gallon tank? Thank you in advance.

I would worry about both fishes. First if the convicts bothered the loaches they might get stabbed by the loaches face spines, secondly I think the loaches would be harassed to death if the convicts don't get nailed by the spine first. Also trying to keep two clown loaches isn't really the way to keep them. You really should keep at least six, and that requires a larger than 80-gal tank.

is it really necessary to keep clown loaches in groups of six :( I have a 42gal. with only 10 neons so far, i was hoping to add some angels and perhaps 3 clown loaches. the tank can't handle six??

FanOFish said:
is it really necessary to keep clown loaches in groups of six :( I have a 42gal. with only 10 neons so far, i was hoping to add some angels and perhaps 3 clown loaches. the tank can't handle six??
Why not go for chain loaches instead? They only grow to 2" maximum (but very skinny), they eat snails and they have the same kind of personality profile as clowns. I know they are hard to get hold of (I'm trying to get more to make up my school) but they are wonderful fish and ideally suited to a small tank situation.

Most reactions

Back