Community Tank Question?

discoiii

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
164
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hinckley, Leicestershire
Hi All... Currently have a nice 125ltr community tank...

I'd like a Clown Loach and my Son would like a Red tailed Shark, Would they be ok in with Guppys, Mollys etc?
 
Agree with John.

The sharks have an agressive nature and require tanks of about 220L otherwise it becomes territorial and will begin to attack other fish.

Clown loaches need to be kept in groups of 4+ and need a minimum tank size of 400L as they can easily reach 10-12" in length as well as getting pretty fat lol

Andy
 
I'll see what my Son says and see what he wants instead, I'll show him some Gouramis... I'll more than likely be back with more questions when he's chossen something else. :lol:
 
My boyfriend has a rainbow shark in a 39 gallon with mollies, platys, dwarf gourami, loaches and platy fry. The shark has never bothered anyone. He will chase them from his spot, but never has hurt anyone. It keeps to itself and even gets along when he feeds them. They have been living together for several months and no problem
 
My boyfriend has a rainbow shark in a 39 gallon with mollies, platys, dwarf gourami, loaches and platy fry. The shark has never bothered anyone. He will chase them from his spot, but never has hurt anyone. It keeps to itself and even gets along when he feeds them. They have been living together for several months and no problem
Unfortunately they are one of those fish where you don't know what you are buying in terms of aggression...

My angel fish will attack anything solidly introduced to the tank for 10 minutes, they are forced to hide... Because of this I keep to tough fish and fast fish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top