Community Creator

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smeghead

Reaction score
According to the community creator on thinkfish i can have the following in a jewel rekord 120
Harlequin rasbora - 20
cherry barb -3
lemon tetra - 20
corys - 10

and i've still got a few cms spare

This can't be right

It's not. Several people have tested the community creator on thinkfish and it always allows for MASSIVE overstocking. Not a good idea.

Your tank is ~30 US gallons so...
6 Harlequin rasboras (~12 inches)
6 Lemon tetras (~12 inches)
4 Small species cories (~ 10 inches)
Would be a full stocking.

IMO you could prob get away with an additional 2 cories, but I'm thinking that cherry barbs might like to be in a bigger group than 3 and thus getting those would cause some overstocking issues. Best to start off with reasonably stocked tank first.

yea think fish is weird.. it told me i could hav 49 inches of fish in my 33gal.... that seemed odd to me

it said I could have 2 common plecs, 15 neon tetras, 8 black widows, 2 BN plecs, 6 corys, 3 guppys and 3 platys......so in other words rubbish!it said I could have 2 common plecs, 15 neon tetras, 8 black widows, 2 BN plecs, 6 corys, 3 guppys and 3 platys.........in a 29 gallon......so in other words rubbish!

I agree it does tend to overstock by quite a lot. I would take whatever it gives you ahve at least half it.

Surely harlequin rasboras get bigger than the 3 cm it claims on the stocking level guide

Harlequins get to about 5cm not 3cm as it suggests.
I don't rate the site at all. If you look at the fish compatibilty chart then you'll know what I mean. It says that a female Betta makes a good tankmate for a male! :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back