Community 55

BlackSwords11

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Papillion, Nebraska
I have found out that I won a free 55g tank and I am planning to keep it as a community tank. I have plans to keep livebearers, killies and marbled hatchets. What are some other good fish to have that are unique, yet common at the same time? The less expensive, the better.

I already have a 35 g community tank with livebearers and tets in it so I'm lookin for something a little different.

I'm thinking as well of getting some female bettas, some different little tets-gold tets, silvertips, neon, glowlight, etc- and possibly some Australian Rainbows.
 
i have 2 german rams in mine but they were about 9 bucks a piece at my lfs.
 
I was thinking more community fish than cichlids. I plan to try them in the future. But those available to me are quite expensive.
 
I was thinking more community fish than cichlids. I plan to try them in the future. But those available to me are quite expensive.


i would nt go for bettas in community tank could cause lots of problems possibly might not be worth hassle. but on the other hand could work :unsure:
 
I have found out that I won a free 55g tank and I am planning to keep it as a community tank. I have plans to keep livebearers, killies and marbled hatchets. What are some other good fish to have that are unique, yet common at the same time? The less expensive, the better.

I already have a 35 g community tank with livebearers and tets in it so I'm lookin for something a little different.

I'm thinking as well of getting some female bettas, some different little tets-gold tets, silvertips, neon, glowlight, etc- and possibly some Australian Rainbows.

I could see female bettas harassing killies, and they will tear up male guppies. Other than that, they should be good with any of the other fish you mentioned, and they are by far my favorite fish to keep in a community.

Do you like black neons? They're kind of interesting for a change.
 
I currently have two females bettas in my community tank and they are fairly passive yet active at the same time. I don't get them very often unless they have nice coloration, which for females as many known aren't extremely common.

Anyway, my dad has a few black neon tetras which are quite nice. Thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe I should add, I am going with natural rock for the tank, if that helps any.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top