Coloration For Tank

bloatedguppy

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Well I'm looking for a small affodable colorful species of fish in my tank and try to get some ideas. I have a 30 us gal all the conditions are where they should be and its 4 years old in maturity. I'm not a noob when it comes to fish ethier just wanting to know other peoples experiances with other species. Anyway I have 1 pearl gourami, 5 danios, 1 swordtail,3 neons tetras, 2 bloodfin tetras, 2 ottos, and 3 yo-yo loachs "small species". I was thinking on the lines of adding like 5 more neons or some other kind of small species. I've never had guppies before but are they hardy and if I got some I only get males seeing that they don't breed. But if theres any other common species I'm not thinking of or are great to have please let me know. I'm mostly looking for somthing that has lots of color,small, will get along with my fish, affordable, very active and hardy, will last awhile, and easy to find.
 
My personal preferrence is endlers live bearers. The trouble I am having is that I don't know how they would do with gouramis or loaches. The rest of your stocking lookls OK for them. They are about half the size of a guppy and are great little guys in a species tank. Being so small, they could easily be seen as food by larger fish and thus my hesitation to recommend them. They are great in their own right. See my avatar for a badly focused example of one that is larger than life in the picture. They are very active and its hard to get a picture of them.
 
Problem: you are fully stocked
Solution: swap your gourami for 5 harlequin rasboras - colourful, hardy, cheap, easy to find
 

Most reactions

Back
Top