Votes: 0 0.0%
  • none

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The-Wolf

Ex-LFS manager/ keeper of over 30 danio species
Reaction score
in light of Gills recent new coke flavour topic,
I was wondering which amongst our members is the fav cola.
myself, I'm a Pepsi man

Well crud.. i voted for coke, but myself would rather have pepsi.. didn't mean to vote for the coke.. HAHA...

Coke, while I do drink Pepsi in restaurants if they don't have coca cola I really much prefer Coke. Pepsi kind of tastes like cola syrup with too little water =/

I also find it very funny that the spelling check on this forum seems to recognize Coca Cola, but doesn't recognize Pepsi as a word :p Proof right that that Coca Cola is better ;)

I don't mind either, but do not like either from a "tap" in a restaurant. Always buy from the bottle. The bottle is mixed at the plant and filled there.

The stuff on tap comes in a box of "post mix syrup" less than 11 litres in size which has water added to it to make about 63 litres (if my memory from changing them in the restaurant are correct). And if you ever saw it in its "raw" state, you would not want to drink it.

Most places charge the same for the bottles, and coke from a glass bottle just tastes better. :D

I voted other as I am generally more into the citrus soft drinks like Mountain Dew (Pepsi product) or Mello Yello (Coke product). Unfortunately, the Coke bottler in our area dropped Mello Yello about a year and a half ago for a product called Vault which is an energy drink that tastes like crap. Oddly enough they still have Mello Yello in the 2 liter bottles and cans from time to time (it sells out pretty quick when they do have it). And I just saw Vault in the grocery store last week at 99 cent for a 6-pack saying "Introductory Offer". I think the sales on it have been so bad that they can't get rid of it. It's been out for over a year. I think the "introduction" is over and it's time for a farewell. I guess they just don't want to face the fact that they screwed up --- again (New Coke a few years ago).

coke from a glass bottle just tastes better
I agree, especially the little 6 oz bottles they used to have. Unfortunately finding a soft drink in a glass bottle in the US is harder than winning the lottery. Everything is plastic or cans.

You guys in the UK probably didn't have this kind of cola, but RC Cola rocks. It'd an under-rated piece of Americana. I swear every roadside hamburger stand has some, but since these stores have been shutting down due to chain stores, it is very hard to come across.

Or is you wanna be wired you can always drink Jolt. :#

Haven't seen an RC Cola in years. I actually thought RC was more of a local cola in the south. Didn't realize you had them up north. How about Double Cola? Do you remember those? My son used to drink Jolt a lot. They are way too high in caffeine for me though.

RC used to be very popular where I am, but over the years it is harder and harder to find. It's a real shame.

Never heard of Double Cola :dunno: Must be a southern thing.

im a fan of diet coke, i have LOADS everyday, i also like normal vinalla coke and cherry diet coke. I love all coke but normal tends to give me a headache. I love pepsi twist (think its pepsi) with lemon and lime, very refreshing. I just love fizzy drinks :)

Diet Coke and nothing else all the way! I refuse to drink Diet Pepsi, I think it tastes like dirt.
(and yes I have tasted dirt but not recently!)

I like Coke in glass bottles, but they are soooooooo expensive. In Supermarkets you pay about

£ 3.20 for six little bottles.

Sabby

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back