Coffee table with fish tank

Inuit

New Member
Joined
May 11, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey guys,

Havent posted here before but thought you might be interested in seeing my coffee table with integrated fish tank! The table itself took around 5 months to complete and the tank is custom ordered.. 30cm square! So around 30 litres, it used to have 12 fish in but they all died randomly after taking it too a competition and someone probably put something in the water as I left it there for a few days.

You can see it here:
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/tanks/display...k.php?tank=4397

Other photos can be seen here:
http://home.btconnect.com/bentley/coffeetable/

My camera is pretty bad at close ups so unfortuantly there are no shots of the fish that some people seem to be able to take.

I am thinking of trying to market/sell the design but hear its very hard to be successful!

-Al
 
I love it! I have seen similar models where the top was solid glass. I want one so badly I could taste it! Too bad I can't afford that kind of thing. Maybe someday when I grow up...
 
haha no its a porcelain black shark! looks great in the tank tho.. if it were real it would not be able to turn around... lol
 
Why would anyone want to buy a fish tank and strain to see the fish?
 
looks really good,
but mrcrabbs makes a good point,
the visability of the fish is limitted
just something to improve
but it really is quite nice
one more thing
is it covered? :blink:
 
the reason i ask if it is covered is i have 2 fears
one, finding my fish sprawled across the glass all dried up :sick:
and two, stupid people spilling a cup of coffee into my tank :crazy:
 
i realy dont like the idea of these, one was bein sold on ebay....

can u inagine the soundwaves everytime an ashtray or cup was placed on one of them??

do they not tell kids not to tap on the glass because of startlin a fish?? if a tap with a finger can startle them... imagine a cup :blink: :crazy:
 
actually after checking out more pictures i can see how you thought of the visability when you made the glass squares on the surface
nice touch :thumbs:
 
nightlife20 said:
i realy dont like the idea of these, one was bein sold on ebay....

can u inagine the soundwaves everytime an ashtray or cup was placed on one of them??

do they not tell kids not to tap on the glass because of startlin a fish?? if a tap with a finger can startle them... imagine a cup :blink: :crazy:
good point,
but i suppose you could use the wood parts :dunno:
 
I absolutely love them! One day when I have enough space I plan to get one.

My only concern is I've seen some without heaters and filters, and without space for them :o
 
well glad some of you like it.. in answer to some of your questions/worries..

the tank itself is not in contact with the table frame or the top pane of glass.. which rests on the frame.. so vibrations arent a major problem only sound vibrations from maybe loud music.. as a coffee table its in the middle of a lounge of course!

at the moment the fish are hard to see cos they are small ones.. hopefully i will get some bigger ones/more fish soon! you can easily see inside the tank from the glass squares

i was wondering do any of you think lighting from the bottom is a problem? like having the sun under you!

-Al
 

Most reactions

Back
Top