Co2 Question

Craig89

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Me and the mrs are moving out In the summer and I'm getting a 6x2x2 tank with optiwhite front panel. Now I want to get into co2 as my plants never do well and I want a really nice feature in our new lounge.

My question is can I use a fire extinguisher bottle just with without the handles and funnel on as I can get hold of one for £10. Ive seen the DIY co2 system with the handles taped together but It just didn't seem safe to me.

Me and the mrs are moving out In the summer and I'm getting a 6x2x2 tank with optiwhite front panel. Now I want to get into co2 as my plants never do well and I want a really nice feature in our new lounge.

My question is can I use a fire extinguisher bottle just with without the handles and funnel on as I can get hold of one for £10. Ive seen the DIY co2 system with the handles taped together but It just didn't seem safe to me.

You'll need the handles. Zip tie, tape, clamp....something to keep them together.
I take it your safety fear is that the tape will come loose, the handles open, the CO2 stops and you end up in algae hell?

FE
CO2 Regulator
Solenoid to turn off CO2 at night on timer
Bubble Counter
Diffuser
and a drop checker so you know what your levels are.

There should be plenty of info around here advising you on what/where/how to buy :good:

Most reactions

Back