Co2 Optimat Tetra Plant ,,,,help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I bought one too :blush: . Actually it's the only CO2 dosing kit that's available where I live.

Actually it seemed to work OK. Like the others mentioned any CO2 is better than no CO2. Although I feel the same that there's no way to regulate or control it.

Also I'm not too sure if the CO2 gas just escapes via the input tube when the CO2 bottle is above the diffuser since it's not pressurized. When I put it below the water line there's always the danger of it acting as a suction and draining my tank slowly - I have placed it lower wheneve I dose now but under close watch.

I haven't been dosing a lot lately (or regularly) 'cause I'm worried about CO2 poisoning my fish (this may have resulted in my slight algae problem - unstable CO2 right). I just bought a CO2 test kit, but what is the recommended level for a tank with fish?

I'm thinking of dosing - filling the diffuser chamber fully in the morning at least once every 2 days or half-filling it each morning everyday and just monitor my CO2 levels everyday for the first 2 weeks. I'll let everyone know how it goes :)

I'm seriously considering shelling out the cash and going pressurized though hehehe (have to ask my sis to buy one in HK).

Aim for a CO2 of around 30ppm, I've had mine up near 40ppm with no probs to the fish.

Pressurised would save you a load of hassle ;) there is a link in my sig to a cheap way of doing pressurised CO2.

Sam

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back