Co2 Diffuser

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

pippoodle

RIP Dear nan 22/03/1925 --11/03/2009
Reaction score
hi there i've got a nutrafin co2 system and now we got one hubby is going to make his own co2 thing out of a large bottle we were just wondering ifcan we use a co2 diffuser as the alternative to the ladder

sorry know nothing at all about this

Cheers Sarah xxx

you can try !!! In my experience diffusers (the glass ones with a ceramic plate) need quite a bit of pressure compared to a ladder... so you may find theres not enough pressure from a reactor.

you can try !!! In my experience diffusers (the glass ones with a ceramic plate) need quite a bit of pressure compared to a ladder... so you may find theres not enough pressure from a reactor.

thanks for the reply hun - going to give one of the cheap diffusers on ebay a go on the homemade thing - when his lordship gets round to making it lol

Cheers Sarah xxx

It is better to use the bubble ladder or infinity diffuser because it requires no pressure for it to doffuse the CO2 in the water whereas the ceramic diffusers require alot (you can even blow through them) so this can cause the bottle to crack or something to split etc. I have used a cermaic beofr with a DIY and it was fine.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back