April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Livewire88

Team TetraTEC
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

In the near future I will need to get my CO2 Canister refilled, planning ahead I have done some searching on the Web but cant find an exact answer to where I would be able to get this done locally?

I live in Bristol, but it may be usefull to other members to list where you get yours refilled reagrdless of where you live so other members can be saved the hassle of searching around.

Thanks in advance :good:

CO2 tanks can be refilled locally almost anywhere. Where I live there are 3 different welding supply houses. Each one refills CO2 bottles. Another source would be any place that refills CO2 bottles for making soda.

Fewer welding suppliers in the UK than in the States it seems. I searched for quite some time to find someone to fill my tanks in South Wales. The local Maidenhead Aquatics stores wanted to charge more than I paid for the tanks themselves to refill them, and I heard about a guy in a fire station who did it sometimes but he wasn't ever available, so I ended up going to CheckFire in Caerphilly. They're a commercial fire safety company, so they supply an service fire safety equipment. I'd imagine you could find somewhere like that in Bristol. Cost me a tenner for a 500g and a 2l canister

Well I have been calling round all the local welding suppliers and none will re fill a canister for me, and all want stupid money for a CO2 canister that would be way to big.

Looks like my only option will be to purchase a CO2 FE.

Well I have been calling round all the local welding suppliers and none will re fill a canister for me, and all want stupid money for a CO2 canister that would be way to big.

Try a sporting goods store and see if they fill paintball tanks. Paintball guns use the same CO2 you need for your aquarium :good:

call you local fire safety company, they have to replace them in most offices and are usually happy to flog you one for a tenner and swap for full ones when empty for the same

i was literally given 5 the other day by the guy who looks after our office.

paintball tanks use the american thread cga320 so they wont be able to fill any uk cylinders as they all use din477

Aquatic pet centre will refill them for £10

http://www.southwestaquatics.co.uk/

Aquatic pet centre will refill them for £10

http://www.southwestaquatics.co.uk/

If only they would :sad:

They are only 1 mile from where I live, and they only provide an exchange service for CO2 canisters from TMC Bristol.

what cylinder do you need filling, pub gas? or fire extinguisher, just ring your local BOC and ask them to do it, or your local home brewing shop or anywhere that services fire extinquishers.

Did you read what Tizer and I posted?

Hi, yeah I read both posts I called round a few fire saftey companies and one said they could fill my tank for £12 but it would have to be sent away for 1 week, I have managed to get hold of a 2KG CO2 FE which I can use for the week whilst my tank is being refilled.

All sortted now but it was a bit of a pain, BOC were not interested and only wanted to rent me one of their own 5kg tanks for £7 per month and then wanted £14 each refill plus a £15 handling fee each time the tank was re filled :crazy:

I also rang round loads of welding suppliers and none were willing to refill the 2kg tank.

You don't want the fire equipment companies you want the guys that fill theirs up. That's to say where ever the guys you spoke to are sending theirs to.
There is a company near me called gas direct, fill up a 2kg for £10.. don't know if they are a national company tho.
MA do a 2Kg for £15..

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back