Co2 Alternatives

gottobe

Reaction score
i dont have the time money or skill to buy or make a CO2 injector for my tank is there any way to simulate its effects

Seachem Excel.

It would be as good but its Best next to cArbon Dioxide

I agree. I've had good results using Excel (at 1.5X the dose on the bottle). But apparently you shouldn't go past 2wpg with it.Oh, and it is fairly expensive. I'd recommend buying it online, it's about half price.

It would cost around the same to buy a Nutrafin kit as it would to buy some Flourish Excel.....especially once you've bought more than one bottle!

Sounds like someone just doesnt wanna try. No money and no skill? Kids make these kits in 3rd grade, it just takes 12minutes at best and thats if your really taking your time. try it, i bet you'd be surprised at what you can do if you put your mind to it

For *some* plants, bicarbonate of soda can be used as a C source....

(I think). -_-

Bicarb is used by some plants such as valls a source of Carbon, but I dare say its not nearly as effective and probably take more energy to do. than using CO2.

Gottobe - there is a link in my sig to a pressurised CO2 kit that I did not so long ago. The whole thing would cost around 70-80quid and a 2kg cylinder would last months if not years on a 20-30g tank.

Sam

Make sure to add Seachem Iron. I used to only add Seachems Pottassium and then I added Seachems Iron any my plants shoot up. I only add Pottassium, Iron and light.

I may start adding Seachems Excel, but I don't know yet.

Most reactions

Back