Co2 Advice - Please Help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

george4

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi a have a rio 400 tank which has a variety of tropical fish in the main ones bein silver dollars silver sharks , torpedo barb and parrot fish. The tank is currently decorated with just ocean rock. i have planted it out before and it looks amazing with plants but despite giving liquid fertiliser they eventually die off or get destroyed by my fish! im guessing silver dollars. the lighting i have is the standard juwel t5 tubes.. basically what im asking is is it worth investing in co2?? will this help my plants grow at such a rate that my fish cant eat them quick enough to destroy them? any replies appreciated thanks

First off list what your lighting is, how many wpg you got, what type of lighting.. IE T5's etc,what spectrum is it.. IE: 6700K .

How many gallons is it.. lets start at that

Don’t waste your time trying to grow plants in a tank with silver dollars. They are vegetarian and will eat any live plants you put in there. If they don't have enough plants in their diet you can add peas, beans, carrot and various other fruits and vegetables to the tank for them to eat.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back