Clown Pleco help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nite80

Reaction score
So I recently got a clown plec for my 36g. In the last couple of days it hasn't been moving much, just hanging out by the heater. I keep the temp about 79 and all the other parameters are good. Any ideas what could be going on?
I read that they need others around. How many can fit comfortably in a 36 g bow front?

Make sure the water quality is good (eg: 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, nitrate less than 20ppm, pH not too extreme).

Try doing a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Make sure there is some driftwood in the tank for the pleco to graze on. They need it to help their digestion.

What are you feeding the fish?

Do not add any new fish until this one acts normally. If it has a disease or there is a water quality issue, adding more fish will make the problem worse.

Make sure the water quality is good (eg: 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, nitrate less than 20ppm, pH not too extreme).

Try doing a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Make sure there is some driftwood in the tank for the pleco to graze on. They need it to help their digestion.

What are you feeding the fish?

Do not add any new fish until this one acts normally. If it has a disease or there is a water quality issue, adding more fish will make the problem worse.

I'm doing a water change today. I checked the water and my nitrites were showing just barely and the nitrates are around 20. I do have a small piece of drift wood. I need to get some greens for it though. What kind do you suggest? I've only been putting in half a algae wafer in every other night.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back