Clown Loaches

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Aqua Tom

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
What is the best size tank for a group of clown loaches & how do the get on with plants, I mean do they dig them up etc?

Tom

While their juvis Id say a 4ftx2 at the very minimum but as they grow a 5ft to 6ft tank is needed i think. They are always all over the place and need a large tank to thrive well plus they get huge!!.. Never had a problem plant wise when i use to have them, they would go up and down the plants but never uproot them.

While their juvis Id say a 4ftx2 at the very minimum but as they grow a 5ft to 6ft tank is needed i think. They are always all over the place and need a large tank to thrive well plus they get huge!!.. Never had a problem plant wise when i use to have them, they would go up and down the plants but never uproot them.

I concur..

mine tend to rip up stem plants, mainly while foraging for food. Got to love em tho.

Mine dont uproot them too much. Only when the food falls in them. I have them in a 4ft tank right now. Just bought a 6ft 125gal tank off craigslist for 150:) im so exited for them. But anyway. Sand is easy. Just move it back over the roots when they push it away eating the algae tabs or pellers or what not. I love em. They are awesome

I got 17 now in my 5 foot tank, they are quite young so plenty of space at the moment. I will step up to a 6x2x2 when possible but i'm not in a rush. Mine tend to eat my Amazon Swords, the leaves have hundreds of puncture holes in them! Otherwise crypts, anubias and mosses seem to be fine.

100 gallons or more is a good size for a group of clown loaches. Well planted in that size is even better since they tend to be a bit shy.

100 gallons or more is a good size for a group of clown loaches. Well planted in that size is even better since they tend to be a bit shy.

Great, that is the size of tank I am upgrading to.

Thanks to all who replied for some great advcice.

Tom

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back