Clown loach

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Just my two cents worth here...

Clown loaches can grow to 12", but this will take a considerable amount of time as they are slow growers. I have seen them brought in at this size and I must admit not a very nice looking fish at 12". They fade quite a bit when this big.

Larry seems to me clowns fade at about half this size.
Mrv. Do you have an isbn number for the book. that way I can check to see if it has been translated into english. My germans so rusty it sounds like spanish.

Sorry, i have not. But i know its only in German (bacause i want it in english too :))

K I'll have a look to see if I can find out. It's easier to trace things with the number thats all

well I hve 3 of them (had to buy 2 more after the other 2 died). The fish man said they wont grow too big for the tank, (110Litres). There is definitely no way that these 3fish are growing to 12inches! They are only one inch long now-the fish shop said that they will be ok and will not grow 2 much more

You shouldn´t keep big fish in small tank.

1. Fish is suffering - not enough space to swim
2. Fish stops growing bigger
3. Fish is stunted

They go now because they are small ones, but when they grow bigger you should sell them to someone who has minumum 300 liter tank, hopefully bigger, otherwise they stay stunted.

If you watch www-sites, you probably see recommendation that b. macracanthus can be kept in aquarium size 100-150 liter. It's definately wrong!

The fish man said they wont grow too big for the tank...

Don't ever believe what sellers say to you, they are only interested in your money. And it is true that big fish in small tank doesn't grow its normally size - because it has no enough space.. You should always find basic information about fish before buying any.

It's too general to keep big fish in small tanks - too many home-sites about this.

I don't know about your law, but here in Finland we have laws for fish too :) Minumun size for any fish is 40 liter (=10,5 US gallones) and it's not allow to keep big fish too small aquarium - but who really looks after it?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back