Clown Killi Red Belly

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Diab2005

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

Posted in Killi section initially but no response. My clown killifish has a red belly and is a bit swollen. Im looking at it today and actually I think the lower fin maybe hanging off as she is the smallest and seems to be getting thrown around by the current. What's best to do?

Can anyone advise if it might be something else?

Attachments

• 20201116_174955.jpg
    20201116_174955.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 188
What size tank do you have? What are your water parameters? Who are the tank mates?

I am not familiar with killifish, but the only thing that I know with regard to red bellied are that sometimes a sharp substrate can cause injury. In light of that, I'm tagging @NCaquatics in case this is somehow related to that.

Other things that may be going on: you mentioned something about the current, can you elaborate on that? Is there any aggression in the tank?

What are your water parameters

I have the same problem!!! My killifish are bloated, and recently my smallest female had the red belly
20210414_163446.jpg
d belly.

If it helps mine are still alive and I didnt change anything.
Yeah, I've had mine for a few months but I just introduced a new girl and within a week she had the bloatedness. Maybe they're eggs? Maybe eating food too big for them?

Most reactions

trending

Back