Clown Fish And Possible Lionfish Sting.

Reaction score
hi guys.

ive had these guys for about a month now GIANT CLOWNS AND LION FISH and i noticed a few days after this video was taken that my clown developed an ulsar type wound on his underside of his mouth and he hasnt been able to close his mouth except when eating. the wound on his underside has progressed from small to a pit like ulcer with a small black hair like thing hanging from it to no being one small ulcer and 2 near it. im just wondering could this be a result of a lionfish bite? so fare he eats well and gets around. he's deff not as energetic or she maybe, as the other goes around digging holes all day it just seems to watch and hang out. just wondering if anyone has seen this befor or can tell me the effects of a fish bitting a lionfish and whether the mouth always being open could be a result of a barb being lodged in the mouth.

cheers and thanks for future posters and help ^_^

btw theres no aggression between any of the fish although my cleaner wrasse does piss my goat fish off a bit. He has been biting its tail we think. if it eats away at the whole tail he should be ok right? ive got anouther tank currently cycling to move the wrasse into. The goat fish is very big and always eating. like around a bit longer then those clowns.

Most reactions

Back