Clowdy Water

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

FanOFish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a question, I'm having trouble deciding if my tank is a bit cloudy or if it's the light making it look cloudy. It seems clearer towards the bottom -_-

This weekend is my weekend to replace 25% of the water and that may help. I also noticed that they sell drops to clear established water...not sure what that is...

Thoughts????

If it looks like it might be cloudy it probably is and not the lighting.

Try doing water changes of 15-20% every 2-3 days until it clears up.

It might be from excessive feeding or could be bacteria bloom especially if you added new fish or happened to kill off the bacteria with your last cleaning.

Listen to SMB. Those drops do work, it clusters the particles together and your filter sucks it up. It only takes like a night for the tank to become crystal. But only add the amount the bottle says. More will poison the tank.

Reading another thread it appears that maybe i need to change my charcol filter or move to the floss type media.

I was not sure how often to change the charcol out and I probably wait longer than i should

thanks

It says on mine to change the as soon as water starts flowing over them(apparently an indtremined length of time), instaed of through them.

Most reactions

Back