Closed

I am sorry to say that your friend is not correct on the advice he has given you.

First of all, you cannot cycle a tank without an ammonia source.

Second, doing a water change every 2 months is awfully bad.

I bet his NitrAte is through the roof!

Does your friend even use a water conditioner to condition his tap water before he adds it to his tank?

-FHM
 
Hey minnow

He said to me he splashes it around, he even had a go at me for using chemicals to dechlorinate the water =/
 
Wow, I would personally like to talk to your friend...and give him a go...lol.

I would send him the link to this thread, so he can read it and then see what he says.

You should always de-chlorinate tap water...man...good thing you are at least doing the right thing!

Some people are harder to persuade than others, I would just stick to what you know!

-FHM
 
Hey minnow!

Thanks for that! Made me feel better LOL.

He is very hard to persuade, I just give up! Good thing I got you guys haha XD
 
Yeah, without this forum I would of been completely lost as well. I would of lost complete ambition and motivation to keep fish after they started to die, but I didn't because I found this forum! :hyper:

-FHM
 
Hehe so true!!!!!

Anway, topic now closed, I'm happy! Sorry if it was pointless ^7
 
Not pointless at all!

You know are more secure about yourself and your ability to keep fish properly.

I say it was a good thread!

I am also in the same boat as you as well, my nephews mom got 4 goldfish in a tiny little fish bowl. And they are already dying. I told my nephew, who is like 10 years old, to give your mom a piece of paper, which I have wrote down what needs to be done, and I also told her about this forum.

But that was 4 days ago, and I never heard from them since. :(

-FHM
 
Haha thanks mate :)

It does boost your confidence alot : D

And it is very sad about them goldfish, suppose it's just that image everyone gives about them in a bowl =[

Anyhow! Thanks mate, and see you around ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top