Clip On Fish Tank Light

JohnRossDele

Fish Herder
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Co.Down Ireland
Hi :) , is a clip on light any good because i dont have a hood for my 2nd hand tank, is there any probs with dust getting into the tank, fish jumping out ect... i would be using it 4 a krib breeding tank and can you get them custom made to fit on your tank

thanks :good: :D
 
If you wanted something just to stop fish jumping out etc, how about a plastic condensation tray? You can get them to fit most aquariums, and they only cost a few quid.

Or if you wanted to go for something a bit better than that they you can find similar things but in glass.
 
i dont really think that the fish will jump out since their kribs lol, bottom dwellers dont really jump up except fish like corys which take air from the top and sometimes jump in the process{labyrinth}

so how much would they cost?

i dont think i'll go with the condens' tray, thanks anyway :)
 
Lol, Corydoras aren't labyrinth fish I can assure you.

And you're right, kribs aren't likely to jump. But that doesn't mean they can't.

Plastic condensation trays are about £5. And for £5 I certainly wouldn't risk leaving the tank uncovered. Just incase the worst did happen. I'd rather the fish end up with a sore head than flopping about on the floor..
 
I use clip on lights on my Betta tanks, one covered one not. I don't notice any dust in the un-covered one and my Betta has never attempted to jump out.....yet! I will be getting a condensation tray for it though as the tank 'loses' a lot of water. They're decent enough lights, although low powered....that said my plants are doing well.
I get mine for a tener on ebay.

Lisa x
 
Lol, Corydoras aren't labyrinth fish I can assure you.

And you're right, kribs aren't likely to jump. But that doesn't mean they can't.

Plastic condensation trays are about £5. And for £5 I certainly wouldn't risk leaving the tank uncovered. Just incase the worst did happen. I'd rather the fish end up with a sore head than flopping about on the floor..

i ment they had a labyrinth organ :huh:

so can i get a custom hood? probably more suitable
 
Yep you're right about them having a labyrinth organ, but I wouldn't have said this puts them into the category of being 'labyrinth' fish if you know what I mean.
And I thought that was what you meant. Sorry if you were only trying to say they have the organ.

I'm going by the that example I had corys for over 2 years that I never once saw go to the surface. And I watched them alot...
 
Yep you're right about them having a labyrinth organ, but I wouldn't have said this puts them into the category of being 'labyrinth' fish if you know what I mean.
And I thought that was what you meant. Sorry if you were only trying to say they have the organ.

I'm going by the that example I had corys for over 2 years that I never once saw go to the surface. And I watched them alot...

i have a school of 5 and i always see 'em going to the top :good: you always here that constant splash lol

so what about the hood?
 
What about getting a piece of glass cut? It's quite cheap (I got a 60x30cm piece for £4) It gives the tank a really modern, clean look too and with a clip on light would be awesome!
divegirl, I have looked for cheap clip on lights on ebay without success. Do they have a brand name or anything? Or could you PM me a link? pretty please :D
 
i personally wouldn't get the Wave solaris. I got one for my sump and it looks really cheap imo and feels too flimsy.
 
What about getting a piece of glass cut? It's quite cheap (I got a 60x30cm piece for £4) It gives the tank a really modern, clean look too and with a clip on light would be awesome!
divegirl, I have looked for cheap clip on lights on ebay without success. Do they have a brand name or anything? Or could you PM me a link? pretty please :D

I think i'll go for that idea, thanks
 
What about getting a piece of glass cut? It's quite cheap (I got a 60x30cm piece for £4) It gives the tank a really modern, clean look too and with a clip on light would be awesome!
divegirl, I have looked for cheap clip on lights on ebay without success. Do they have a brand name or anything? Or could you PM me a link? pretty please :D

My only problem with glass is that it's a Hex tank....so it would probably cost me more than a couple of quid to get it cut!
Have Pm'd you the name of a seller.

Lisa x
 
What about getting a piece of glass cut? It's quite cheap (I got a 60x30cm piece for £4) It gives the tank a really modern, clean look too and with a clip on light would be awesome!
divegirl, I have looked for cheap clip on lights on ebay without success. Do they have a brand name or anything? Or could you PM me a link? pretty please :D

so you get these cut at the glaziers... :unsure:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top