cleaning the tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

godzuki

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi

i was advised by the person who I bought my set up frojm that you clean the filter every 2 weeks and the tank (emptying half the water, cleaning glass ect) every 4 weeks but reading bits and peices on this site i'm now not sure if this is right.

how long do you leave before cleaning both filter and tank??

kiss kiss :wub:
godzuki

Here you go, these are points 9 & 10 of the 10 rules of healthy fish keeping

9. WATER CHANGES. Regular water changes, around 25% per week is good for your tank and good for your fish.

10. CLEANING FILTERS. These should be cleaned regurarly according to the manufactures instructions. It is best however if you don't clean the sponges in raw tapwater, but use some of the water syphoned from the tank. This way the beneficial bacteria are not killed off and only the debris is cleaned away.

Good luck! :D

Remember to use dechlorinated water when doing a water change.

Depending on your stocking levels...a 10% change for a fairly low stocked Tank is enough per week!

every four weeks is definatly not enough... once a week, thats all there is too it, no exceptions

Stupid thing won't let me edit my posts! So I'll just post this.

I clean my tank once a week, and when people come over they almost ALWAYS say "wow, I can't believe how clean your tank look" just keep up with water changes and stuff, and it will look great.

Most reactions

Back