Cleaning tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gadazobe

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Right, as I said in my previous post, I've been in hospital for a week. :angry: Because of this I haven't been able to clean my tanks for the last two weeks :( (They were due to be cleaned the day I was admitted) Would it be "the end of the world" if I left the water changes for another week or so coz a) I don't want to infect the water with my infection (still got it - i'm on antibiotics) and B) I don't want to pick up any infections from the dirty water. I'm not quite sure how to deal with this problem and would like to see what you all think.

Yep they'll be ok in my book! No point in risking yourself, I doubt fish could suffer your infection but you sure could get some nasty infections from water if you have cuts and stuff.

Fish are amazingly tolerant of nitrAtes and some people have tanks with up to 100!! While obviously this is not at all recoomended - shorter lives etcetera... it is possible and 1 more week without a change shouldn't make a big difference at all. :)

Hope you get well soon! :thumbs:

Can you not get someone else to do it in your presence so you can supervise them m8, could be fun! (Crack that whip... NO, YOU MISSED A BIT.... CRACK) ;) :p :D :devil:

Seriously though, if you can't get anyone to help you then just cut down on the feeding a bit 'til you feel better, treat it like you've gone on holiday. I don't think any real harm will come for another week unless your tanks are really over stocked..

Get well soon m8, speedy recovery :)

Just a sec Gibbo - got to get me thigh length boots out :hyper:

Unfortunately there isn't anyone else to do it - hubby's NOT a fishey person - he'll feed them if necessary, but that's about as far as it goes. :angry: They'll have to wait till I get me some gloves suitable for it.

i agree they be ok for a while! ask around see if u know anyone that works with chemicals they should be able to find some long rubber gloves for ya!

Most reactions

trending

Back