Cleaning Sand Question

kingmed

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bloomsburg pa
I have pool sand in most of my tanks and I was curious if I stir up the sand every once in a while so the water gets cloudy would that be O.K. to keep gas pockets out + help with cleaning the tank more. I've noticed while sucking the crap from the surface of the sand that my albino cory's and other small fish like to hang around the sucktion of the hose, not sure if it is to find the food that's being sucked up or to just injoy the flow of the suction.
 
Yep when you do a water change, just give it a quick stir, if your filter intake is close to the sand, then maybe turn it off until the sand settles again.
 
Yep when you do a water change, just give it a quick stir, if your filter intake is close to the sand, then maybe turn it off until the sand settles again.
Thanks I did forget about that, thanks alot for mentioning that.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top