1entra
Fish Addict
Hi there,
I'm planning on adding a clean-up crew to my 24G tank in the near future and was hoping somebody could help me decide what to get. I want a mixture of livestock that will carry out regular maintainance of the tank by getting rid of nuisance algaes and detritus. Also do not want the critters to become a problem themselves in the future!
Here is a list of clean-up crew I have seen other get in their tanks (several different tanks):
* 5 x Nassarius Snails
* 3 to 5 x Astrea Snails
* 5 x Cerith Snails
* 3 x Margarita snails
* 1 or 2 Fighting Conch Snails
* 1 or 2 Turbo Snails
* Nerite Snails???
* Trocus Grazers???
* 1 or 2 Mithrax (Emerald) Crabs - small ones
* 5 or 6 Small Hermit Crabs - Which are best: Left Handed; Blue Legged; or Scarlet: or 1 or 2 of all 3 types???
* Skunk (Scarlet) Cleaner Shrimp - Should I get 1 or 2 as really like??
* 2 Blood (Fire) Shrimp - Defo want... Very attractive!
* Peppermint Shrimps??
* Sexy Shrimp - Stay quite small and look really attractive!
* Maybe a few featherdusters?
Can somebody please help me decide on which ones of the above are recommended and if there are any I should avoid?
Have I got too much clean-up crew listed? If so what should I cut out?
What should I add first... Is there any particular order they should go into the tank?
All comments are appreciated so please leave your thoughts!

I'm planning on adding a clean-up crew to my 24G tank in the near future and was hoping somebody could help me decide what to get. I want a mixture of livestock that will carry out regular maintainance of the tank by getting rid of nuisance algaes and detritus. Also do not want the critters to become a problem themselves in the future!
Here is a list of clean-up crew I have seen other get in their tanks (several different tanks):
* 5 x Nassarius Snails
* 3 to 5 x Astrea Snails
* 5 x Cerith Snails
* 3 x Margarita snails
* 1 or 2 Fighting Conch Snails
* 1 or 2 Turbo Snails
* Nerite Snails???
* Trocus Grazers???
* 1 or 2 Mithrax (Emerald) Crabs - small ones
* 5 or 6 Small Hermit Crabs - Which are best: Left Handed; Blue Legged; or Scarlet: or 1 or 2 of all 3 types???
* Skunk (Scarlet) Cleaner Shrimp - Should I get 1 or 2 as really like??
* 2 Blood (Fire) Shrimp - Defo want... Very attractive!
* Peppermint Shrimps??
* Sexy Shrimp - Stay quite small and look really attractive!
* Maybe a few featherdusters?
Can somebody please help me decide on which ones of the above are recommended and if there are any I should avoid?
Have I got too much clean-up crew listed? If so what should I cut out?
What should I add first... Is there any particular order they should go into the tank?
All comments are appreciated so please leave your thoughts!

Shame they always hiding as i am after them more for the looks than their actual cleaning methods! Might buy 1 peppermint and see how it gets on.

I've heard both good and bad views on them. If I was to get some I would not want any that grow too big?!







