Clean And Lock Pinned Topic

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks Pica.

I agree, and think it could set the precedent for all other pinned topics? I see no reason why all pinned topics can't be locked if they're of the same style, FAQ information.

I do receive plenty of PM's about that topic as well, so might be worth adding a footnote requesting that any questions, start a new thread?

I have removed a couple of obviously daft posts, but am not qualified to comment further on the thread as I have no experience with these fish.

I am not sure I would agree with the general idea that "pinned" topics should not be beyond question.

I am not sure I would agree with the general idea that "pinned" topics should not be beyond question.

I'd agree with this. There are mistakes in the pinned topics, and treating them as sacrosanct or gospel would be quite a disservice. They should still be open for comment like any other thread -- though a cleanup like what apparently happened with this thread is certainly ok.

I have removed a couple of obviously daft posts, but am not qualified to comment further on the thread as I have no experience with these fish.

No no, not at all. Perhaps if at the end of each pinned topic there is then a "Discuss this pinned topic" thread. Click the link at the bottom of the pinned topic, and then beneath there will be a thread where you can discuss your own findings.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back