clamped fin?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ceci

Reaction score
well this is fun, my platy has now got clamped fin, at least I think. I was going to change his tank, and put him away from the other fish, the other platy keeps nipping at him. but when I did it did a weird thing, it was bottom heavy and circled, and wiggled.

Is there anything i can do, he seems to d fine in the small transport container, but i don't want to leave them there any ideas for treatment, or what t could even be?

Clamped fins is caused by protozoa or bacteria (usually protozoa).

Post pictures and short 20 second video of sick fish so we can clearly see the problem.

How often do you do water changes and how much water do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
How often do you clean the filter and how do you clean it?

Is the fish being bullied?
How many plants do you have in the tank for the fish to hide in?

------------------------
Wipe the inside of the glass down. Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank. Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. Post pictures and video so we can see the issue.

The following link has info on what to do if your fish gets sick. It's worth a read when you have spare time.
http://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/

No vids or pictures, it is almost like the head is super heavy and it cant swim, it's laying at the bottom of the tank barely breathing, what do i do

I can't offer any more advice (besides what is in post #2) without seeing what the fish looks like or is doing, and if you don't provide information about water quality, tank maintenance, etc.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back