Cichlids

Dorkhedeos

Boss Major
Reaction score
If i want to get some cichlids in a 10 gal tank, how many can fit in? I have seen some at petsmart, the ones that are around 2-3 long. Do i need gravel?

cichlids don't really do well in a 10 they are more suited to a 20 for the smaller cichlids on up. gravel/ sand is always a plus due to their diggin nature

ahh yes i saw a tie just now should i buy it? lol. honestly we don't know what cichlids you are talking about. and about their length, is it 2-3 inches or cm? i always prefer sand because the dirt n leftover food stays on top but with gravel sometimes it drops all the way in.

yes but you have to remember just cause they are small now depending on the species they can get bigger and a 10 gallon won't suit them. I hate to say it but again you will be much safer to just get a 20 or bigger for cichlids

NO! Forget about it.

There are only two kinds of cichlids that should be kept in a 10 gallon tank. Shell Dwellers and Apistogramma. If it is not any of these then forget it, not only will they probably kill each other, but it isn't the proper way to keep cichlids. If they don't kill each other then their growth will be stunted and their lifespans will be shorter.

thanks for the advice, i think i will stick with guppies for a while, because i cant fit anymore things in my room. my mom wont let me put my tanks in the storage area either, so i cant get anymore tanks.

Most reactions

Back