Chris' Nano Journal

Finally finished of the electrics yesturday aswell so while i had the camera out i thought id get a picture lol
P1040568.jpg

As i said last post i bought another 2 zoas

orange and purple + blue and green
P1040584.jpg

P1040583.jpg

orange and purple
P1040574.jpg

P1040576.jpg

blue
P1040577.jpg

P1040578.jpg

thanks
chris

thanks

drained and pulled the sump out yesturday and dropped the weir levels a few inches. Now my return section and my skimmer section are the same levels where a before the skimmer section water use to drop a few inches down the weir and made a splashing noise.

now all i can hear is the pump hum and the skimmer return.

since my last update my skimmers pump broke and i lost a zoa.

So i orderd a bubble magus nac6a and collected it yesturday (probably been without for 3 weeks or so)

A week after my skimmer went one of my zoa frags got zoa pox (was probably my worst buy colour wise) i removed it 2 days after as 50% had already died and the other half had it so disposed of it rater than risking my other zoa's.

While i was out i also bought another 4 zoa frags.

chris
ps. will get pictures tonight or tommorow

finally got around to sorting the tank out last night. so moved the rock about and replaced the corals (also bought a new zoa frag)
P1040706.jpg

P1040705.jpg

P1040703.jpg

P1040696.jpg

P1040693.jpg

P1040691.jpg

P1040690.jpg

P1040687.jpg

P1040688.jpg

P1040684.jpg

P1040680.jpg

cleaner shrimp
P1040674.jpg

new coral/frag
P1040698.jpg

fts
P1040707.jpg

thanks
chris

That is looking lovely, really like your zoas but your huge duncans look fantastic :good:

Seffie x

is that a Capnella, Kenyan tree - if so, can you add a picture in the Coral of the week thread please

coming up to 11 months almost since it was set up. Times gone fast and have already repositioned the tank/rock 3 times.

Quite happy with how it looks now however ive got 5-6 aiptasia's on a rock inside a cave, this rock is at the base of the rock structure and will mean dismantling the whole tank as its impossible to get too. I also have a pest crab seen it 3-4 times but not been able to catch it.

I have also recently been looking alot more into sps. I already have 2 pieces of sps a Hystrix and some type of blue tipped acro.

So that means im going to be pulling all my Live rock out and replace it with diy rock (made last week and will start soaking it this weekend). I will be starting a fresh so all corals will be coming of the rocks and put into a quarantine tank.

I will cycle the tank using the zeo 14 days cycle (i know its recommend to be used with LR but im starting a fresh so theres no unwanted pest) i will then continue to does the zeovite method.

Only negative thing that happened in the tank so far it my purple fire fish died about a month ago for some unknown reason. No sign of illness, was eating fine the night before.

pointless post really but as I haven't updated this for a while though I would post something.

thanks
chris

my last plan isnt going to happen now.

however this tank will be going and i will be getting new wardrobes in my bedroom to accommodate a braceless 58lx23wx18h inch tank with optiwhite front.

I will be using 100% reef ceramics and will be running zeo.

Some of my current corals a doing really well, mainly my Duncan which has gone from 4 heads to 13 heads. my hystrix has doubled in size (was a smallish frag)

Wont be happening until early December though.

Thanks.

Last weekend i moved this tank into the lounge so will post a couple of last pictures before its totaly closed down.

Orderd my new tank last a few days ago and is going to be delieved on the 4th of November hopefull :D

Now for sale

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/358417-custom-nano-tank/

Thanks
Chris

Most reactions

Back