Chore Ideas to Fund Hobby?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PhantomCarp

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So I make 5 dollars a week for doing yard work and help cleaning are pool. If I do more I could probably make more money which could help me get a tank I want faster. I have a pool with a big backyard, in my neighborhood we only know 4 other families and 1 is always having lawn scrapers over and the other 3 all have kids who do work. Any Ideas? Maybe something you did or still do?

Last edited:
Post a “service” post on LetGo or Craigslist. You could say “Willing to do yard work, pool work, house cleaning, etc.”

I see a lot of those. (You can discuss and research what some good prices are for work)

Post a “service” post on LetGo or Craigslist. You could say “Willing to do yard work, pool work, house cleaning, etc.”

I see a lot of those. (You can discuss and research what some good prices are for work)
Thank you, but I can’t leave my house thanks to the pandemic :)

Thank you, but I can’t leave my house thanks to the pandemic :)
Do you make anything or have any hobbies that could be profitable? I used to actually have a business where I made custom pinatas for people. Be creative, I'm sure you could find something to make or do if you want to :)

Just be careful with things like ads too, pandemic aside, there are some twisted people out there, and stranger danger is a real concern.
When I was a kid, paper routes were still a thing, and neighbours often knew each other well enough that it wasn't unusual for a kid to knock on their same street to ask if anyone wanted any chores like yardwork done.

Dog walking can be handy, but business might also be quiet since so many people are working from home, and there are some risks involved there too. @JuiceBox52's idea about something you can make and sell is a great one. Don't advertise your age or anything, just be sensible, but I know that you're smart enough to do that.

Do you make anything or have any hobbies that could be profitable? I used to actually have a business where I made custom pinatas for people. Be creative, I'm sure you could find something to make or do if you want to :)
I can’t draw or anything, not good at crafts, I am will think about it my hobbies are playing bass clarinet,playing video games, and reading. They only cost me money.

Just be careful with things like ads too, pandemic aside, there are some twisted people out there, and stranger danger is a real concern.
When I was a kid, paper routes were still a thing, and neighbours often knew each other well enough that it wasn't unusual for a kid to knock on their same street to ask if anyone wanted any chores like yardwork done.

Dog walking can be handy, but business might also be quiet since so many people are working from home, and there are some risks involved there too. @JuiceBox52's idea about something you can make and sell is a great one. Don't advertise your age or anything, just be sensible, but I know that you're smart enough to do that.
I was going to do dog walking for awhile don’t no why I stopped. There are 3 other people in my neighborhood with dogs 1 is a old lady, one only has the dog for half the year, and the 3rd i don’t know much about.

I can’t draw or anything, not good at crafts, I am will think about it my hobbies are playing bass clarinet,playing video games, and reading. They only cost me money.

I was going to do dog walking for awhile don’t no why I stopped. There are 3 other people in my neighborhood with dogs 1 is a old lady, one only has the dog for half the year, and the 3rd i don’t know much about.
Did you ever start dog walking? Maybe ask the people you walked for if you could start again

Did you ever start dog walking? Maybe ask the people you walked for if you could start again
Also, that’s not a good idea with COVID. There have been animals that have tested positive for COVID. If the animal got it, it can give it.

I’m not saying @PhantomCarp has COVID (God willing), I’m saying people may think he has it.

Also, that’s not a good idea with COVID. There have been animals that have tested positive for COVID. If the animal got it, it can give it.

I’m not saying @PhantomCarp has COVID (God willing), I’m saying people may think he has it.
Yeah I wouldn’t feel safe going to the old ladies especially even if I knew 100% I didn’t. Just never want to risk it
:)

There really aren’t that many choices for you, at this point. (Due to COVID) You may be able to collect scrap aluminum/steel and sell it to a recycling place. If you take it away from people, they may even thank you. You can get some good money for steel.

Ask your parents what their least favofrite chore to do is. If it's something you can do, ask them if you could do it for them for a little more allowance. Explain that you are working hard to get your tank and you're willing to put in the extra work to achieve your goal.

Most reactions

trending

Back