choosing fish

evilbunny

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
okies,

i'm having troubles with trying to work out what fish to put into my tank, and i've already come across a few problems with mixing different fish together.

i have 3 bala sharks, 1 rainbow shark, 2 guppies, 19 tetras, and this catfish that i swear the LFS gave me the wrong name for (which i'll work out later) and i had to separate my betta cause it's tail was looking bad and i blame me, but after me i blame the sharks (esp the rainbow) the rainbow is going to my bf's tank and later on when my tank calms down he might get reintroduced because he's terrorizing my bala sharks

but what i want to ask if the following fish are ok to go into the same tank,
-britlenose
-clownloaches (and how many)
-dwarf gourami (and how many)
-angel fish (and how many)
-ghostknife (are they ok on their own ??)

also would i keep more than 1 catfish or should be in a group of the same kind too ??? (does it depend of what sort of catfish it is for me to keep in groups ?)

thanking u in advance ~!*~*! :nod: :D :nod: :D

-britlenose (good fish)

-clownloaches (gets good sized) (and how many 3 to 5)

-dwarf gourami (ok but can be another rainbow) (and how many 1)
-
angel fish (great fish and would look really good in your tank)(and how many3 or more)

-ghostknife (gets very big atleast over 18 inches and will eat small fish)(are they ok on their own ?? yes and better if in a tank alone too)

Rainbow will only get meaner. The problem is more than likely th baja's are trying to steal it's hiding place. They don't like intruders at all.

thanks for ur reply ~!* :D

but that's too bad about the ghost knife, it's so pretty ..

but with the dwarf gourami, i can only have one ?? even if it's one neon then i can't get a flame ???

do u think anything else can go in ?? or will it get over crowded ??

and don't worry i won't put them all in at once ~*!

besides i dont' have the funds for it, even if it was possible

I am not a fan of gouramis. And from what I have seen in my tank and read in others they don't like alot of other gouramis. But I am no expert in gourami behaver.

You can have a pair of dwarf gouramis, although females are very hard to find. You can have two males as well, although usually they would fight since it is a huge tank you should be okay. I'd say get 3 angels, 3 clown loaches, a bristlenose, and 4 or more female guppies to keep the males company. they will try to mate with each other if you don't do this.

I kept male guppies alone with no problems...

It's suually not recommended to keep more than one male gourami cos they may fight. However your tank is very big and assuming you have plenty of plants, decor etc for territories i think it should be ok. you could perhaps go with two males and 3-4 females (the males can be aggressive to the females, keeping more females than males spreads out the aggression)

Most reactions

Back