Chinese algae eaters?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Platysrcool12345

Reaction score
Hi, yesterday I went to the pet store to pick up fish food and ended up buying more fish on an impulse as my Plecostomus had died about a week ago. I bought 2 golden algae eaters as i thought they were normal algae eaters and didn’t realize they were actually Chinese algae eater which I have heard get aggressive as they age. I have them in a 50 gallon with 7 platy 3 mollies and 3 female Bettas. Will this set up be fine? Should I return them? Or I have a 10 gallon with 3 African dwarf frogs if this works better. Thanks

Hi, yesterday I went to the pet store to pick up fish food and ended up buying more fish on an impulse as my Plecostomus had died about a week ago. I bought 2 golden algae eaters as i thought they were normal algae eaters and didn’t realize they were actually Chinese algae eater which I have heard get aggressive as they age. I have them in a 50 gallon with 7 platy 3 mollies and 3 female Bettas. Will this set up be fine? Should I return them? Or I have a 10 gallon with 3 African dwarf frogs if this works better. Thanks
Actually forget putting them in the frog tank. This wouldn’t be enough room for them

Chinese algae eaters can grow to 12 inches and are highly territorial when they mature. I would return them.

Then find out why your other catfish died and then look for algae eater after you know what happened.

If you have lots of algae in the tank, add live plants or reduce light.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back