Cherry Shrimp

Sillysausage345

Reaction score
I got 4 cherry shrimps two days ago I drip acclimated them for an hour and 20 minutes and since I've added them to the tank they've just sat in one place and hardly ever move you can see there claws or what ever they're called moving but they aren't very active I've checked my water levels and Ammonia-0ppm nitrite-0ppm nitrate-10ppm pH-7-7.3 and I have moderately hard water
The tank has two pearl gourami about 6 neon tetras and 3 corydoras along with a albino bristle nose pleco who stays on the other side of the tank

Do you reckon it's just cos there new or something wrong
Please helppp

Do you have a lot of plants for them to hide under. I don't remember mine ever staying in one place but mine are in a species only tank. Make sure they have plenty of caves and small hiding places. Your babies will probably be eaten by the fish but the larger ones will be fine. With lots of hiding places and plants you may get a few babies to survive. Water seems fine. What are you feeding them and how often?

Do you have a lot of plants for them to hide under. I don't remember mine ever staying in one place but mine are in a species only tank. Make sure they have plenty of caves and small hiding places. Your babies will probably be eaten by the fish but the larger ones will be fine. With lots of hiding places and plants you may get a few babies to survive. Water seems fine. What are you feeding them and how often?
I feed the tank twice a day I feed tetra min flakes aquariuan catfishes pellets and hikari mini algae wafers I uploaded the plant cover they'd have

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 155
Diet is fine and tank Looks great. Give them some time. They like low to mid 70’sF temp.

I keep mine around 75F and they breed like rabbits.

I had about 10 to start, I think. They just took off on their own. I probably have close to 100 now. The female will have a “saddle” color on her back. Looks like a horse saddle. That’s the eggs waiting to be fertilized inside her. She will then molt and discard her exoskeleton. You’ll find the shell laying on the bottom sometimes. She then begins to send pheromones out which alert the males that she is ready to breed. You will see the males begin to swim around the tank trying to locate the female. Once she mates, the male deposits his sperm. He then leaves. The female then allows the eggs to roll down through the sperm and they are then fertilized. She then deposits the eggs in her swimmerets where she fans them and keeps them clean for about 3-4 weeks. When the eggs hatch they are on their own. They hide for a few days and then begin to explore the tank. You have to really look to spot them at first. When you see a female flapping her legs and you see her carrying a cluster of eggs underneath she is called “berried”. That means she’s pregnant. They have babies about once a months. Let me know if you have questions. Good luck!

I only have 4 I have 2 males and 2 females will this definitely be able to start a colony?
I always panick about these things :)
Thanks for this great help
How long have you had your tank?

I only have 4 I have 2 males and 2 females will this definitely be able to start a colony?
I always panick about these things :)
Thanks for this great help
How long have you had your tank?
I’ve had mine about 9 months. If you have a male and a female you can start a colony.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back